Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hewhoa


Hey I am ALIVE!!!
Ya know, sometimes you put the Apostles in such high regard that you think their very breath would peel your skin.  That's what I thought with Jeffery R. Holland.  I thought he was gonna come rolling in like volcanic thunder and then send 12 legions of heavenly angels screaming repentance with such intensity that I´d instantly burst into sparkling ash with nothing but a tie and an echo of "ooooo" as evidence that I ever existed.  But it didn't turn out that way! He's actually a pretty funny guy :)

President Ghent started the conference saying, "Well, this can be the last conferance for some of you.  You had time to repent, but now it's too late."  Geez.  Then Jeffery R. Holland came and he looked kinda cranky.  Oh dear.  Then we all shook his hand.  Buenos dias. Then they started, Elder Juan Uceda shared his testimony and it was awesome.  The general authorities have a way of making Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Restauration more than just words and ideas but you can actually see them as if in person.  It's amazing.  Then Sister Maines talked then Elder Maines talked about the Holy Ghost and todo eso.  Then Jeffery R. Holland started.  My underpants felt the chill of liquid nitrogen then burst into shards.  He told us that he loved us that we was glad he was here with us and then started talking about the importance of mission work.  He told jokes, he laughed, he tried to scare a sister missionary, he pretended to punch the assistants in the face.  Huh.... whuttya know.  He then talked about how we need to use the Book of Mormon and showed us some scriptures and shared his testimony.  

He talked more about our conversion than converting investigators.  He said we need to be more persistent and determined than Avon ladies.  Every time he walks out the door there's one there.  And they're only selling mascara!! So it was actually really good.  I loved it.  It taught me a lot about being a leader and how I should handle things.  If they need to get better, show them how, don't just tell them how terrible they are!

But last monday was uuuuuu a rough one.  We wrote the family then went off to work.  It was the hottest day of my life.  We were contacting and looking for families and I felt my hair crisp and turn into curly fries.  I sweated my body weight.  But we kept on fasting!  Then some investigators gave us Gatorade.  We hold on to that knowing it'd come in handy afterwards.  By the time we got to the house at the end of the day my lips were dying fishing gasping for water before giving up on life and shriveling up like raisins. 

We planned and then we decided to go to bed.  I showered and tried to wash the heat off my body but looks like it stained into my skin and in my throat.  So we slept.  Then I woke up at 12 dying of thirst and dying of heat.  Cuuuurssseesss.  I tried to sleep and I tried and I put my head under the sink and then tried to sleep again but it was terrible.  I opened the fridge and then the light shown on a glass bottle....Gatorade.....noooo. I closed the door and tried to sleep.  I heard voices.  "Siga ayundando y los lamanitas abrirĂ¡n su corazon." "You'll need the self control, bigger things are ahead." I couldn't take it!!! I had to go get the Gatorade.  "Ya rompiste el ayuno en tu corazon." 

So I sat there with my Gatorade then asked my comp if it mattered when we fasted.  He told me it depended on my priorities. But somehow I went to sleep without a drink.  Whew.  It was the strangest night I ever had.  But I broke my fast on time!  Just felt like I failed to temptation.  But it was an interesting experience. Blessings must come with sacrifice.

Okay that's all I have time for.  I love you all!  Enjoy school!  Enjoy cruising in the car!  Enjoy life!  Take care!  I'm going crazy.  Love ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment