Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another Step in the Right Direction

Hello mom!  I don`t understand this whole sending photos thing anymore.  I guess I`ll just have to write beneath the giant balanced egg.  Maybe I`ll explain why it`s there in the first place.

On the equator you can balance an egg on a nail any time of the year.  The gravity is a little different and the forces don`t act on it in the same way it would a little more to the north or to the south.  I`ve been to the Mitad del Mundo three times now, counting today, and I could never balance the stinking egg!!  I thought it would be a waste of life if I`ve been in Ecaudor for two years and never could balance an egg on a nail so.... I did it today!!  HOOPLA!!  I can now die in peace :)

Well alright I guess that`s the plan, Denver at 9:30 in the morning.  I leave here at 11:20.  Not too bad.  Just have a piece of paper saying "Bald old orangatane (how do you spell it?!)"  and I`ll find you don`t worry.  

Well Ty sounds happier than a squirrel in a peanut factory.  He just loves everything!!  haha That`s good,  the mission needs new missionaries with a lot of enthusiasm.  He`ll do good.

Anyway, this week went well.  Did you guys see that missionary training broadcast?  Poderoso!!!  It was way good.  It made me officially feel old school, last generation, boot to the rear, get-out-of-my-house-and-move-on-with-your-life old!  The new missionaries are gonna say, hey do you remember when missionaries used to knock on doors, as they teach a lesson on Facebook.  Good grief.  So I was a little depressed but then I thought about it a little more.  The great theme was that members need to help missionaries.....and I`m going to be a member in a week!  Hey!  Whattya know I can still help in missionary work.  I`m gonna go to town while I can in Colorado because  I doubt that in Provo there will be much time.  I hope you`re helping the missionaries as much as you can as well, the family needs the blessings.  There`s never been a better time to be a returned missionary!

Another thing, they never really tell you to stop sharing the gospel.  As Jeffery R. Holland`s talk goes, "When I called you to be a missionary I called you forever!"  So I don`t have to stop being a missionary.  I think the problem with a lot of the returned missionaries is that they stop doing the things that make them happy, they stop studying, they stop serving, they stop doing the simple things, so like you said mom, I gotta maintain, not just adapt.  So for me, ending the mission is just like any other transfer, new challenges, new opportunities, new people, new friends, and new sector.  It`s not really the end, it`s just another step in life.  Another step in the right direction in my opinion. 

I ran out of time with all of these papers about interviews to fill and trying to send the photos for the slideshow, sorry.  But now I gotta go and work my plaque off this week.  I`m thankful that the Lord has given me the chance to be a missionary and I`m ready to go out fighting the good fight.  

I`ll see you all next week!  I love you all!  Adios y hasta ver!

No comments:

Post a Comment