Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where were they going without ever knowing the way?‏


Hello my mother!
 
Yeah about the birthday message.... I told her your birthday last year in September but I forgot to correct it....MY  BAD!!  haha  But don´t worry I´ll remember from here on out.  I´m just lost sometimes!
 
Oh I´ve never thought of oatmeal.  That´d explain why I got so fat in Quito... I could try that!  I do have milk here so if you do send protein powder I could just mix it with milk.  That´s easy.  Um I haven´t looked for shirts yet but I doubt they´d have them here.  If you could send some three or four that´d be nice.  I´ll buy suitcases here hopefully today.  Well according to everybody else it´s perfectly legal to send shoes here.  My companion received tennis shoes from Mexico and Elder Bloxham as well.  I bet if you put enough Virgen Maria stickers on the box it´d be fine.  But I haven´t heard anything about that rule.  I could start asking around.
 
And about garments I didn´t even know that you sent me garments!  I never got anything.  There must be some Guatamalan walking around in them in the street thinking he´s strutting the latest fashion. 
 
Um what else?  Socks!!  I bought socks here a couple of weeks ago and they already have holes.  What the blazes.  I´ll have to look for some new ones.  Cheap kleenex would have been better than those pieces of grumble mumber.esghslh.....
 
Other than that we`re alright I guess.  I´m suriving.  And I´m happy!  So I´m doing alright!  I sleep with my matress on the floor, my bathroom has 2 glass doors (a man can´t even shower or sit in the bathroom in peace!), but my neighbors gave me roasted banana last night so I´m happy!  It was so strange.  I got done with the verfication of the week (oor uh. weekly verification?) and then sat down with my glass of boiled water and a roasted banana and the song that came to my head was "and I think to myself, what a wonderful wooorld".  Coca is amazing to me.  I´m now used to the heat (or just used to sweating) and I like it a whole lot more than cold, dry wind!  I love the jungle!  I love the personality of the people!  I love not living in the city but being able to walk down dirt roads and being able to see the stars at night.  The zone is doing pretty well, Lago will have 3 baptisms this week and we´ll have 1.  The next week we´re hoping to have 6 baptisms.  That´d be 17 baptisms in the month of September with just 2 companionships!  I don´t know how it happened but I what I do know is that it´s a blessing from the Lord.  It´s nothing that my companion or I did, but really the mercy of a loving Heavenly Father.  The Holy Ghost touched the heart of everyone of these people and now they´re ready to be baptized.  I hope they let me stay here one more change so that I can keep seeing the miracles.  But I think I must be enjoying myself too much so it´s time for the Lord to take me to another corner and start stretching me and shaping me again.  I dunno.  We´ll see what happens this Sunday.  
 
But hope the week goes well, thanks for the help, I´ll try looking for the things that I need and I´ll tell you if I don´t find anything.  I love you guys and we´ll see each other next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment