Monday, September 3, 2012

On The Road Again‏

Well hello!  First thing first, Hey Blake!!!  I remembered your birthday!! I celebrated it with a strawberry smoothie that you didn´t enjoy!  But rock on my brother!  I´ll look for something from the oriente you might like to send as a gift.  Pero feliz cumple años y suelta el FUUUAAA!! (look that up by the way)

Well sounds like things are picking up again in the San Luis Valley.  Cambria with school and sports.

Wow Laren is gonna be a daddy.  That´s insane!  He can´t go running around playing football or peg us with crab apples if he´s got a baby in is arms!!  Well I guess he´s dead now. Fatherhood is the tombstone of young adult adventures.  But send my congrats!  And just throwing this into the idea bowl, Brett is a preeeety good name for a child.  Or Thor. If you name your kid Brett Thor Helms he´s just destined for success and happiness.  But that´s just me.

Hey Dad looks pretty good!  Joven!  Tuco!  Libre!  Un león mirando su reino, que es todo lo que la luz toca.  Keep up the good work my Father!

Kyle is teaching a Portuguese Spaniard about the Gospel.  AMEN HALELUJAH MY BROTHER!!  If you want investigators that just rock your world, teach a latino.  I´m even excited for him and I´m over here in the sweaty underbelly of the world.  Woohooo!  Go Elder Bagwell!

But anywho this week was alright.  I have to go to Quito AGAIN!!!  I leave at one.  But such is the life.  No use cryin about it.  But this week was awesome.  We baptized 4 Saturday!  Familia Garcia!  They´re really special to me.  We found them doing divisions last change, when I was working with Elder Cornejo.  We prayed before contacting and then we came to their house and then the grandma came out and said "We don´t want anything!  We believe in the Virgen and you don´t and we don´t want to hear anything!"  Whoaaa... rough start.  So I thought well...this is worth a shot.....
"Of course we believe in the Virgen! She´s the mother of Jesus!  And we´ve come to share a message about Jesus Christ and how you can receive more blessings in your life!"
"Come on in"
So it was really awesome to watch them change and have the spirit help them.  We´re still working with 3 other members of the family.  Patricia will be baptized next week and Santiago the next and Jazmin... ya mismo.

BUT I gotta go so I love you all choa stay good I´ll talk later!  BYE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment