Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Welcome To The Jungle‏

Hello everybody!  Well okay I'm in Coca.  And it's burning hot.  I got here at around 7:30 in the night and I was sweating.  But it's been a big change!  I have spiders in every corner of the bathroom, we have lizards next to our house, we live in front of the branch president, and this place is flat!!  Nothing of mountains, hills, nothin.  Flat!  And I pretty much live in the rain forest.  We were walking home at night and now i can see the stars, hear tons of birds and animals, there's anacondas in the rivers, and I'm pretty much alive right now.  On the bus coming here I had my head out the window.  There's just somethin about nature that makes me feel alive.  Also on the bus they just haaaaad to put on the Avengers.  NOOOOOO..... but I didn't watch it all so at least there's some surprise left when I come home.  

Um, being a leader kinda stinks.  I have to always receive phone calls from the other missionaries, fill our papers, do capacitations, and spend money going to Quito every month but I guess I'll survive.  I still believe it was some freak accident that I'm here but hey I'm just gonna live it up while I can.  My companion is Elder Sanchez and he's about end his mission.  He has just 2 months left.  I'm in Elder Redd's old sector again so my companion doesn't really know the sector either, just how I was when Elder Redd left me in Quito.  But it's cool.  We're lost together.  

There's different groups of idginas here.  One group kills people then shrinks their head while the others sell chicha and play bingo.  Needless to say, we're teaching the ones who give us the yuka drink.  And it tasted....interesting.  I'm not sure if it fermented or what but... I was singing in the street afterward, "Luuutthhhy in the ttthhkkyy withhh diamondttthth, luuutthhhy in the tthhhyyy with diiaaaamooonddthhthhhehehhuuuu"

And that's about all the time I have because I was too busy reading other things and arguing with the district about the premortal life.  I'm gone... hopelessly gone.  But I hope ya guys are doin great and that everybody feels better and that the wind dies so you can feel the sun I'm feelin.  Because it feels gooooood!!

Love ya! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment