Tuesday, June 5, 2012

If You Want A Helping Hand...‏

Look at the end of your arm!! buuuuhhh

Hello from Quito!!  Now you may ask yourself what is this man doing in Quito again and I have the answer!  Leaders meeting.  I guess we have them every month where we get to eat, play football (soccer), and get chewed out by the President if we've been bad.  I think it's gonna be fun!  But wheeeew that bus ride is long.  But I got to read the Book of Mormon and watch Taken so now I have a thirst to punch a wicked man in the throat.  I think there's a reason we shouldn't watch those movies....

But how can you say summer is half over?!  From the sound of your letters summer never started!  Loco.  And mom we always knew you were crazy with the flowers but at least recognizing it is the first step to recovery.  Si se puede!! Buuuuh.

Bummer for New Mexico.  Must be really dry.  And hurrah for arrowhead hunting.  And is it just me, or are the missionaries actually baptizing in our ward??  Did they used to do that?  I never knew what the missionaries did except invite me to play basketball and eat our food.  Rock on!!!  Keep em goin!  And now Channing can go teach them Lesson 5 of Preach my Gospel.  All of the lessons while shes at it!  Keep em comin to church.  But that's really awesome.

Okay so this week was good.  We had a baptism!  And we don't have a good baptismal font so where do we do baptisms??  In a waterfall of course!  So we all got together to go to the water fall but as we were going (me in the back of a truck because they said I weigh too much for the car...) we see the police stopping all the cars asking for papers.  So the car with the other 3 missionaries and the member stop.  It turns out he doesn't have a license to drive!  So we hide the car in some motel and we aaalll pile up in the back of the other members truck.  Then we go by the police and they tell us that's illegal and they saw us stop and now they're gonna fine us. Then they took pictures.  (Cheeseburger griiiin)  $43 bucks and we continue on our way.  And we have to drive deeep into the jungle (where the tigers live and the indians get drunk) and we did the baptism there.  It was pretty cool.  And really beautiful. A pity my camera battery doesn't work.  Always somethin!!!

But other than that, we had lessons with fire flying out of our mouths and angels singing on high in testimony of our words.  We had a rocking one yesterday testifying to a guy of the Restoration.  But he's a hard coconut.  But anyway we'll just keep on trying to teach these people.  It's pooodooorrooooossoooo!  And I also went to the other part of our zone 3 hours away where there live the 3 chilenos and the guy from Uruguay.  They're awesome guys.

But hey that's all I'll talk to yall next week!  I love ya guys and hope you're happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment