Tuesday, June 19, 2012

When The World's Burnin Down Might As Well Roast a Marshmallow‏


Well hello!!

Okay I'm sorry I didn't get to say Happy Birthday to Channing and Happy Father's Day to Dad last week.  I was trying to write like a mad man in 10 minutes.  But anyway, FELIZ DIA!!  I hope Channing is loving Atlanta and that Dad will at least be happy with seeing sick faces all day.

But thanks for the packages, yes I did get both.  The peanut butter and jelly and the pictures and M&Ms.  All of it was awesome.  I was super happy.  Made me think of where I came from and what the heck I'm doin here.  So thanks very much for that.

Um yeah I have a problem with my personal card.  I tried to take out some money but it says that it's blocked?  I didn't know what that meant.  So if you could figure that out it'd be great.  Cuz I'm gonna go to Quito AGAIN this Tuesday so I could find a new camera or a new battery.  But Elder Sanchez has offered to buy the camera anyway so if you could help me out with that as soon as possible.

Well okay this week this week.

Well we had baptisms!!  10.  And it was awesome!  I had to go to Lago Agrio to do some interviews for the missionaries there but when I got back I was told I was gonna have to do 2 more in the sector of the other missionaries.  And it wasn't too bad.  But holy cow I heard the saddest story of my life.  One of the girls I interviewed, who only has 20 years, had gone through complete and utter hell.  I'm not sure how much I can tell you but out of respect for her I'll just say that a year ago I could not be able to handle hearing that.  I got stressed out listening to high school dating problems and now I'm helping someone repent of the worst sins.  It's crazy how much a year can change things.  But the coolest part was that the next day we continued the interview and there was a new light, a new hope the eyes of this girl.  She talked about repentance and it was a miracle.  A week ago she didn't even want to listen to the missionaries.  But her time is short here in this life so that put a lot of perspective on things.  We read Alma 36 together and that's exactly how she felt.  And that was just awesome.  I love it the Atonement.  I love missionary work.  So we went to the water fall and had the baptisms but afterwards some kid of 18 years fell and broke open his head.  Some little girl came screaming to me and Elder Hassell saying that he was dying.  So we ran over there to find tons of people around him as was laying on the ground.  He needed pressure on the wounds, had to make sure he didn't have neck injuries, and yeah he got my Peruvian tie wrapped around his head with a couple of rags.  Then a group of men carried him up the hill.  Then we gave him a priesthood blessing.  Then we carried him on a plank of wood through the jungle.  Then we went in the back of a truck at 100 miles per hour (my cheeks were flapping) (and I mean my face) to go 20 minutes to the nearest hospital.  And the kid was a boxer.  And I had to keep his arm elevated.  But he didn't want to.  So I arm wrestled a boxer in the back of a speeding truck in the jungle for 20 minutes.  Life is great my friends!!!

I don't know about Chase but I do wanna know!  What's his address in Brazil??  He leaves 4th of July!  Tell me!!!

Well I love you all and I'm super happy to be alive.  Hope you are too.  Love life and keep on rollin my brothers and sisters.  I'm gonna go eat some chicken now

No comments:

Post a Comment