Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Devil Controls The Media‏

And why do I say that as my title?  Because only Satan would tempt poor Elder Jackson with the last Harry Potter, Captain America, 3D Star Wars, the new Spider Man, The Avengers, Ghost Rider, and the third Batman.  That has got to be pure evil torture.  I've seen only hints that the movie is coming out and I cry like a sad sad girl who got left without a date on prom night.

Speaking of prom, BLEEEEEHHHHH!!  I tell Elder Recalde horror stories about prom.  Pink tuxes, immodest dresses, awkward dinners.  He thinks we're all crazy for spending so much money on the stinkin thing.  I agree.  NEVER AGAIN!!  But I hope they have fun.  Cheers.  Matt Jarvies is a funny guy.  Russel's invitacion was so stinkin cute I puked.   

OOoooooh Cambria is running hurdles.  YEAH BOY!!  I miss hurdles.  I talk like an old has been to Elder Recalde about those too.  It was the life.  It's more like I just miss it being warm.  And being in shape.  When I'm climbing up these hills in the pouring rain feelin the burn in my legs.... it just makes ya feel like an old piece of wood sittin in a puddle.  

Well this week was stake conference and we had Marcus B. Nash, Elders D. Todd Christofferson and Richard G. Scott talk by satellite to all of Ecuador.  It was inspired.  Just what Ecuador needs.  Talked about how they're part of the covenant people of Israel, how they should remember mission work, marriage, service, and the sacredness of women.  I didn't know they spoke Spanish!  Pretty cool to hear them talking another language.  Sounded pretty good.  Better than me says Elder Recalde.  That's made me be more dedicated to learning Spanish again.  

We taught some of those haitianos again and not all of them understood us.  Speak French!  So we used the movie of the Restoration and put the language in French.  That got their attention.  But after they were done they put in some movie about assassins and there went the spirit.  But hey it's a work in progress.

We also showed another investigator the movie of the Restauration and we asked him what he thought about the restauration of the church of Jesus Christ.  He told us that he was impressed how the Smith family planted corn with faith.  He also has a patch of land and he plants with faith, and he always reaps the harvest.  (Slap to forehead)

Um we had emergency changes today so we haven't been able to do anything.  Somethin went down in the coast.  But I gotta go!  

Hope everything is goin great and you're all living like a bunch of rabbits in a corn patch.  I love you all, and tell some people to be patient with my letters I'm trying to get them sent.  I'm broke!!  (oooh yeah there's only 3 bucks in the account.... sorry!)
BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment