Sunday, May 20, 2012

What a Week‏

Hello!

Well I hope the funeral went well and I'm sure Dad and Darrell did a great job.  It's really great that Blake and Channing did the DVD, sounds like it was beautiful.  Hope you're all getting along fine and that the Spirit and your testimonies give you the comfort you need.  

I think I'm the one who has it easy compared to everyone else at home.  For me, it doesn't seem real yet.  I know it'll hit me when I walk into Papa and Grandma's house and see the empty chair and when I go over to help with the lawn.  As of right now, my life continues normally, like a ripple that didn't reach the surface.  But the day after I could study a lot about the Plan of Salvation and read a few teachings of Jospeh Smith about death.  Joseph Smith lost several brothers, 6 of his children, and saw the death of his father.  Yet he understood the immortality of the human soul, and he used his personal experiences with death to give comfort and hope to others.  He said that we have the greatest reason of all people to rejoice because we understand the true nature of death and we know of the saving ordinances that Grandma received in order to be accepted into the kingdom of God.  Other people are destroyed by a death and can't find the hope or the strength to continue forward.  But how sweet is it to quietly say to ourselves on the darkest night, "I know my family can be together forever."  Because of the death and the resurrection of a man 2,000 years ago we'll live again.  The sting of death is swallowed in the glory of the resurrection.  And it's awesome!!

Another part of this is that I'm always busy.  Hardly have time to think about my own life when I'm looking out for the progress of others.  That's what I'`ve learned from the mission.  When one thinks on his own problems, his own failures and difficulties, he's miserable.  When one can dissolve himself in the good of others you have a way of forgetting other things.  I don't want to say that I'm forgetting Grandma or anything, just that I can move forward without self pity or overwhelming sorrow.  I do feel sorry for you guys, Papa, my cousins and aunts and uncles, but I know that it's possible to feel the love of God through the event of death.  And more than anything, death is a flash of our own hourglass that's constantly moving.  Shows us how we should live and how should we die.  But more than anything I'm just grateful for my family and the Gospel.

Well this week was alright.  We had a talent show, and we did two sketches.  I was Nephi and we did the part of getting the brass plates.  But in Spanish they're called planchas.  But a plancha is also a  clothes iron.  So the planchas de bronce were two irons that we finally got.  We tried to make everything funny.  And it was good.  It's always great to make people laugh.  And just teaching some people!

Well that's all, thanks for everything, we'll talk sometime next week (i still don't know) and I love you all, hope you're doing great, Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment