Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I Swear I'm Going To Kill This Baby Unicorn If You Don't Take Me Seriously

Hello!  My fingers are frozen so I can't type very fast.  This might be a short letter.  

Okay so Kyle is living the life!  He's funny over there in jolly ol England.  It looks like he's already starting to write like them.  Loco.

Oh Cambria has braces now??  For how long will she have them on?  And it's awesome that she's doing everything.  Live it up while ya can!

Happy Anniversary!!  You should send me a list of all the important events, like the thing the Bagwell family does.  That'd help me remember a lot more.  I can't even remember where I put my plaque sometimes let alone all these family events.

Wow waffles and chicken (well okay not chicken...)  sound so great right now.  Someday!

Well it's raining like a mad badger on ground hog's day.  There's lightning crashing like mad, the rivers flooded, I'm dripping wet and I hope this computer doesn't short circuit.  Ojala!  I remember I was so shocked that there were waterfalls on the stairs in Guaranda.  Buh!!

Well this week.... I dunno it was kinda a rough one.  I messed up on a lot of things.  The zone ain't too happy.  My district leader ain't too happy.  And tomorrow we'll see if  President is a smiling ray of sunshine.  But I guess I'll explain because this sentence could be interpreted wrongly.

So this week we received a reference from the offices, said that this investigator is golden.  Wants to be baptized 5th of May.  Awesome!  My district leader tells me that we have an appointment at 7 that night.  Right!  So we go a hunting for this investigator of gold.  Then we find out it's not in our zone.  Uh oh.  But we have an appointment in 5 minutes!  So we go running over there and we find them.  We tell them sorry but you don't live in our ward.  But the son (a member) told us that we have to at least teach them (his mom and sister and her husband) so that they don't have a bad impression of the church.  Dang it.  Okay.  So we taught them a bit of the gospel, eternal families, and the Book of Mormon.  We left the Book of Mormon with our testimonies in it and that night told the zone leaders that they're not our zone and should pass the reference.  But now that zone isn't too happy that we went over there and taught one of their investigators.  We just wanted to help the work people!!  

And then we've been up in the boonies working over there.  And we've been bringing members.  And they talk.  Alot.  And we're far from our house.  And any phone.  So we've been calling our district leader 5-10 minutes late alot this last couple of weeks.  So he thinks we're a bunch of happy sinners here and told me how angry he is with us and how we'll be having a talk Thursday and telling us who we should drop as investigators.

So we passed by for the last time these investigators and we met one of their daughters in the road.  She was crying because she lost $5.00 and her parents were going to beat her.  So we went up with her and told the parents the story and they were furious.  So we said we'd go look for the money with the daughter!  We couldn't find anything so we gave her $5.00 so that her parents wouldn't beat her.  The mom was scared too.  Then the dad came, the daughter showed him the money, then slapped her right in the face.  That ticked me off and I grabbed him and put him up against the wall and talked...firmly with him.  Nothin profane (I don't know those words anyway!) just that he'd be responsible before God for every strike he gave his family and that he should be grateful he even has a family and isn't out in the streets alone.  Oi.  

But oh well!  Todo bien!  Lay the axe on me!  I'm kinda bummed but we'll see what happens.  But it's true that I should be more obedient.  Need to be to have the Lord's help.  And I got the words of Rocky playin in my head.  Look up that speech will ya?  Gets me pumped to do my best every time I hear it.

Man that's all the time I have!  Sorry!  Those are my woes and sorrows but I'll be better tomorrow!  See ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment