Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm Happy, I'm Feelin Glad‏


Well howdy do!  So let me just state a few things I didn't get a chance to say last time.
  1. Mom I was drugged!!  Give me a break!  But you're right, God did help me out and I did learn a good lesson.  Never trust Peruanos.  NEVER!!!  But the Ghandi quote I read on the bus before getting robbed did help 
  2. I didn't get the Brandon and Michelle thing at first.  "Waaaaiiit a second why doesn't Brandon have a number.  Only the kids have numbers!  And Michelle.  Michelle isn't a kid!  What's the deal.  Let's see... Cody is number one.... Allysa number two... Conner.... Lincoln..... Michelle?  Wait it's on her stomach.  UUuuuuhhhhhuuuuhhhh."
  3. I'm kinda jealous of Kyle over there in England.  An Irish companion and everyone fighting to have you over for tea.  And here I am over here gnawing on a chicken foot, drinking my Quacker oats drink.... Man.
  4. Hey so I just print the letters I get so I can read it all.  So don't worry about time.
  5. How is Channing doing anyway?  Drinking milk now?!  Strengthen them bones!!!
 
But anyway this week was alright.  We had another baptism.  Ol Marco Vilcazama.  He had some kinda infection in his face when we found him and we gave him a blessing and now he's normal and he read the whole Book of Mormon in 2 weeks and he's now a grandpa and got baptized on his birthday in freezing cold water that was only to his thighs.  HEAP YEAH MAN!!  He's awesome.  An hour lesson with 50 minutes of him talking and 10 minutes of us teaching.
 
We were contacting yesterday (since all of our appointments fell) and we found a house of 15 Haitians!  I knocked on the door and they opened it to find a large group of large men looking at me.  It was the first time I refused to go into a house that invited me in!  But we taught 5 of them outside and they're pretty cool.  They speak French, Spanish (not all of them), and Creol.  And it's in a pretty shady part of town where they're always robbin people and stuff so the army was there too a couple of blocks down.  We were teaching outside and some sargent came and asked them if they were robbers and then had them all bring out their passports.  It was a rough lesson.  But we're goin back with Books of Mormon in Creol!!
 
Um so I that's pretty much it.  Yep!  Elder Recalde and I are pretty much a laughing stock of the mission for what happened but it's fun!  We're not the first!  We've been studying about how to overcome fear (talking, contacting, lurking ladrones..) and faith is the answer!  Always has been always will be!  So that's cool. 
 
But hope the wind dies down, the manure stays down, and that we're always lookin up!  Love ya guys and hope all is well.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment