Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Will The Real Investigators Please Stand Up, Please Stand Up‏

Well hello!  Where's Channing at?  It's almost 5 and nothin!  Chuta.  But oh well.  I guess we'll just keep on goin!

Aight, aight, this weeeek..... what the heck happened this week?  Oh we had a baptism.  Jorge Caisedo.  The baptism was good and we had investigators attending.  His family are members and now he is too.  He was excited and almost crying when we had the baptism.  So rock on!!

We've found a few people who are really awesome.  I can't remember if I told you about Familia Almeida or not, but his two sons are return missionaries, but he's living with some other lady and has a 20 year old daughter with her.  When we found him he pulled out his Book of Mormon, Bible, Liahona, and Gospel Principles book.  Eeeeheeee.   So that was cool.  He attends church but we still have a hard time with the wife and daughter.  The wife still doesn't want to get married and has her firm belief in the Diviño Niño.  Hey do they have that in the states??  Do they worship the... Divine Child?  And are they big on the saints still?  Do they still pray to statues?  It's so weird because the Catholic beliefs change from place to place.  Like this week, we found someone who we thought was gold (and he's still awesome).  Named Ricardo Lopez and he is super excited for his baptism.  But he couldn't attend work because of his work schedule, so we started praying and thinking of a way we could help him come to church, then he just tells that they changed his work schedule (that he's had for 4 months) so that he could attend church every Sunday now.  YEAH YA!  But now we have this thing about reincarnation vs. resurrection.  Cruud.  He's not letting it go either.  But we have an idea that I think will get him goin on the right path.  We'll see.

Well sounds all fine and dandy in the Valley.  40 degrees sounds miserable to me.  I'll keep it in the 60s thank you very much.   I hope Blake does good too in San Francisco.   That's cool.  Eesh I dunno, I just can't remember anything to say about this week.

We did a service to help some investigators of San Juan, and that turned out to be gluing (how do you spell that?)  medicion boxes.  But I couldn't fold the boxes right so I got demoted to counting and putting rubber bands on all of the boxes.  Needless to say, I learned how to count to 25 in Spanish relatively fast.  Every one thousand boxes they do, they get 5 bucks.  It's a good life.

You know you have transportation problems when you have some old lady holding on to your butt like it was the bar handle.  That stinkin Ecovia.  There was some woman just floppin all over my companion the other day.  It looked like some kinda Deacon Beehive dance gone wrong.

When we were doing divisions me and Elder Uribe, from Mexico, went to visit a recent convert.  What we found wasn't what we were expecting.  The questions were raised about the law of chastity and the word of wisdom.  This recent convert acted really weird and just kept telling us that he couldn't talk right now couldn't talk right now.  And we didn't know what the heck to do with a women in his room.  Okay.... well..... see ya later!  HEEEEHHH???

We were going to our house last week at the end of the day when somethin nothin important happened.  Turned the corner to our house and I had the keys out lookin for the right key.  Then there are these 3 guys from the hood walking up to us and I think ¨oh ssssshhhhhhhhhh someone's coming¨  Elder Redd is behind me almost yelling in English,¨Elder, Elder, open the door.  OPEN the door.  Elder, get in the door¨.  Well that just puts on the pressure and I start fumbling with the keys trying to find the stinkin key but it just ain't happenin!  They get closer and then adrenaline kicks in.  I was ready to run like a gazelle or attack these guys like a badger with a bee up it's butt.  So I just get ready to beat these guys with the keys, when they finally are coming right at us.  I say, Buenas noches,  they say buenas noches, then walk right  on by.  I open the door and we walk in.  Huh hu hu hu huh.  Pretty crazy huh? Yeah..... I want a sandwich.

And that's about it.  Nothin much to say here today either.  Hope all is going well and that you guys rock the Valley.  Hope you're enjoying life!  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment