Monday, January 16, 2012

Well howdy doo from Quito.

Well howdy doo from Quito. Habia cambios. So I left my dear home of
Guaranda do be here in the heart of Quito. I´ve hit the big time.
I´m in the zone of Santa Ana with the sector of Villaflora. My new
compañero is Elder Redd, the district leader. He´s a happy guy who
gets electric shock therapy to his hips. Sounds painful. But rock
on!!
So I found out last night at 11 that there were cambios, so I was
packing and writing until 1 in the morning. Got up at 4:30. Had very
strange thoughts in my sleepy mindless state. Something about I´m
getting moved because I couldn´t pick up the stinkin cotton balls up
fast enough. I swear I´ll practice more.
But I feel good. I left the sector better than when I found it.
There weren´t any baptisms but we have 6 with a baptismal date. So
they´ll get baptized eventually!! But the week was interesting as we
were searching for people. We found a man named Angel who looked like
Fidel Castro and had tooons of questions. Asked about how the aliens
built the pyramids and how they were the star at Christ´s birth. He
thinks I´m here in Ecuador to avoid going to Libya. He also asked us
if Jesus was a great magician in his time. My question is if Angel was
a great stoner in his time.
Then we were contacting up in the mountains, and we found like a
stinkin Disneyland. All these huge gates, huge houses, and huge
dogs. The more money you have, the bigger the dog. Nobody was home.
One great 3 story house had a flag of Germany. And these dogs were
jumping at the fence flashing their teeth. It was like a zoo of
horrors for missionaries. Then we come to the end of the road. It
doesn´t go any further and there´s a chain link fence. So we turn
around to see one of the big dogs got on top of the wall. Then it
jumps down and starts running towards us. I say, VAMINOS! And I jump
on the fence, my compañero tells me to have faith. So I get down and
say, alright. So I start walking towards the dog too, and it stops,
turns around, and jumps back over it´s wall. I was thinking of
Daniel and the lions den. I thought, wow! Faith really works! So
turn around to see my compañero a few feet behind me drop the brick he
was getting ready to throw. Faith...
Then today, did my 6 hour drive to Quito. Elder Andrade went to
Esmereldas. So that´s good. But I had to find my sector by myself on
this trolley train thing in the middle of Quito. The big gringo head
taller than everybody, standing in the middle with his big luggage.
But hey, they all don´t just point and stare like they did in
Guaranda. And I started a conversation with a lady about the world
ending in 2012. It´s great to tell them that they can start preparing
now by living the Gospel of Christ. Nothing like the end of the
world to help people remember God.
Sounds like everybody is doing good! When I heard Channing's story of
the iguana I heard my lizard music in my head, "dooooo dodadadadoo
doooooo" from the times of my stories with Cambria. And hoorah for
peeing babies and speaking Spanish! I have a feeling that it´ll be
harder for me to talk Spanish all the time. But I can learn quicker
now too I think. I can just ask in English. Elder Redd has 20 months
in the mission.
Get some work Blake! Or just get something! Whatever work for you. And
work is what makes some people pee blood I´m sure. So just keep on
truckin mis padres!!
Ah, it´s okay that the Broncos lost. This was the learning season
anyway. Next year even better. HEAP YEAH! That means I´ll be able
to see them go to the Super Bowl in a year and a half from now.
And well, that´s whats crackin in Quito. It´ll be interesting to see
what I can learn and what the people are like here. And the house is
WAAAY bigger here. I have a room just for my clothes!! YEAH BOY! So
it´ll be great to see what happens. Cheers!!
Oh and I´ll be sending letters next week. I have some from Christmas
I just haven´t had to time to send. So when I find the mail place,
I´ll be sending some. YEah!
Aight love ya all, clean your bed sheets, hope you keep the hygiene
strong. Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment