Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We´re Teaching Love In A Holy Place, Teaching love in a Hoooooolyyyy Place‏

Well what´s up one and all and tuna in the can? So I got some terrific news. PACKAGE!! Yippee ki yay. I got it New Years Eve. I was happier than a peanut in butter. I threw on my new sweater, listened to some Fiddler on the Roof, ate some oreos, and wrote some letters. I was pretty dang satisfied. So thanks!! The other package is at the offices so I´ll get that one later. But for now I´m happier than a dimple on a chicken´s butt. Bien hecho con las canciones y comida. Y ropa. Muchas gracias.

Well aight, my New Years was like Channing's. A lot of drunks and we had to stay in our house from 4 to bed time. But New Years day we had to work. And it was terrible. Just hungover, all of our planned appointments fell, people stunk, but we did a bit of service with a member and taught two other lessons. 12 contacts. Whew. One drunk guy let out a drunken Ent cry randomly in the street, NOOOOOOOO!!!


oooh I love Ecuador radio! I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!! (terrible, I might be wicked, but I like to put religious twists on them. You and me elder ain`t nothin but members so let´s preach it like they preach on the BYU channel. Gettin holy now!)

But seriously, I hate holidays. Carnaval will be my worst nightmare. But our newly divided rama had 23 people on Sunday. 18 of us bore our testimonies. It was aight. Even though we´re tiny, we have a new mission leader that´s gonna actually help us, and looking so small has reignited the Missionary Fire in the branch. Now we might actually get some help from them too. We have the goal of visiting a member everyday now. So let´s hope for the best.
Um, our investigators don´t come to church so we pretty much have no one progressing. That´s our biggest problem. We try and try but then Domingo is the wrecking ball that brings us back to square one. But I think if we´re working with the members that´ll be the solution.

The other elders had a baptism Friday, and it was good. Bout time this lady got baptised! It´s been 5 months. But they had me direct the music, give the spiritual thought, then direct more music, then give my testimony. I didn´t know if it was my baptism or hers. I wasn´t gonna give the spiritual thought, because president asked my comp to do it, but then he (my comp) dumped it on me. When the president walked out I was a litttle irritated and then accidentally punched my compañero in the forehead. He didn´t talk to me for awhile.... but we´re good now!

Channing, se procupe! Learning the language is all about the patience and diligence. What ya said is the truth. Gotta have that patience. With yourself and other people. This bishop sounds like a crap bag (though I´m sure he´s awesome too). You're right, don´t get discouraged and just keep on goin my sista. I´m not that good either. I realized I have almost 6 months too and it hit me, I´m not anywhere where I want to be. Not speaking that good, not teaching that good, not the person I want to be. So I´ve been making some goals and trying to figure out what I can do. That´s it! Goals! Chip away at the wall instead of trying to break it all down at once. You´re aight!! And from the looks of your lessons, you have the Spirit there anyway. That´s the important part. Rock on!!

BLAKE TEACH ME HOW TO PHOTOSHOP OR I´LL SING SNOW WHITE IN A HIGH VOICE EVERYNIGHT!!!
I want to have a photo of me with that one tribe they found in the rain forest just standing there looking at the camera. It´d be awesome.

Ouch, sorry to here about Grandma and Grandpa sick. No fun at all! And that movie you said you watched reminds me of the time I watched the documentary about North Korea and I dreamed I was running away from their labor camps for a week. Eesh. But stitched hands, large boys, and marriages are always nice to hear about too. Rock on.

Whew I had three glasses of some kinda herbal drink, different kinds, and some bananas and pears and avacado. My bladder is about to burst but I feel goooooood.

Oh Cambria you went to that dance??? Good times. Good times. I remember coming back with my tie wrapped around my head, some sparkling grape cider, and falling asleep in the recliner. Dad put a blanket on me. That was the life.

Well that´s about it! I´m doin aight, feeling good and kinda freaked out that the men dress like women here on New Years and dance in the street, but todo bien. I´ll talk to ya next week. ADIOS! LES QUIERO Y HASTA LUEGO!

No comments:

Post a Comment