Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Halo abery budy!




Let me start my letter in a nice, loving, dignified manner.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
LONNIE IS GETTING MARRIED?!?! What the french poodle's fleas is goin on there? Elder Baker? HEH? I've seen jacked up stuff here in Ecuador but that, my friends, is strange. But, send my congrats.


Ah man, the Galactic Battlegrounds. I'd be trying to kill you both right now. But that's great. (AH Man I can't focus with this guy talking in my ear. He likes asking us questions. But he's cool. Wants to know more. Daft..... writing family or missionary opportunities??? I hate moral dilemmas.) But just keep working and having fun and do what ya want. Cambria I remember going to Adams for my History Fair. We got to go to Boulder just cuz we made it to Adams. Boulder was one.... crazy time. People runnin around all over and pizza. BEWARE!! Those women were of the devil I tell ya.


But it's awesome that you guys are growing and doing cool things. Violin and work. Young Women's. FIND SOME SKILLS!!!! Then give them to me so I don't look like a bald wambat.


Hey Dad how's it goin, how's the work, how's the cold? Yeah it's true that the mission starts preparing you for different things. Based on my mission so far I think my life should be pretty interesting if that's the case. Or I'm doomed to being (how do you spell it?) mediocre. Shame. But time will tell.


Stinkin Patriots.


Well Quito is different. So my companion, Elder Redd, was a zone leader but now is district leader. But he teaches like an animal and is a good leader. He's really been helping me out in my teaching and how to be a missionary in general. So how I see it is, my two Latino compaƱeros helped me learn the Spanish and he's teaching me how to be the missionary. So I got no complaints. (The little questioning man is now reading my letter trying to figure out what the heck it says. READ IT MAN REEAAADD!!!) But here is a little like Guaranda in the terms of the lack of help of the members and the ambition of the leaders. Santa Ana isn't know for being super successful either. But that's not an excuse either. We gotta work.


And the physical therapy has been interesting to go to every morning. Elder Redd gets it on his hips and he says it feels like little knifes stabbing and ripping into different parts. The little lady who does it likes to ask Aguantas? Aguantas? Then I get to push down on the electrodes for 2 minutes. He says, wait wait not too hard, hold on; I say where they at? Where they at? Then I push, he screams, his leg twitches, then we're all chill again. It's interesting at least. And we go on the Echo Via everymorning. Which is like the Japenese subway I imagine. Tons of people jammed in there like little tuna fish. And the rule is that there is always room. Even when the people in the bus thing try to make it look like there isn't.

But we shove into them, and if you can grab a bar you're in. I've been squished a few times by the doors. But we find away. Usually at the expense of some little Ecuadorian woman smashed between a hefty man and a gringo. I get to have this little woman's shoulder in my ribs and a 30 minute trip to physical therapy.

The problem is though, is that we don't get to study much in the mornings. We're gonna work on that. I need to work on my Spanish too, because Elder Redd likes to study and speak in English. But I need to improve my English too. Like Channing said, the three languages. All three baby!!


I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting again. Talked about missionary work. Again. But this one was different. The members at least thanked us for our talks and some said thanks for talking with the Spirit. So that was good. Then we had a training for the leaders of the stake, every missionary gave a training. But sadly not a whole lot came. I had the idea of making the leaders be the missionaries and us being the members that didn't want to give any refrences. HOW'S IT FEEL PUNK?!


This week was hard in that I've never had to teach so much law of chastity and marriage things. Good grief. But hey, I now know the great way to teach commandments that Elder Redd showed me. So I don't feel so scared teaching commandments at least. ROCK ON!


Um so I'm in the heart of the Quito so I have a lot of cool places to go to in my zone. So I'm sending some pics. Disfrutenlas.


And that's about it. I love you all. Go help the missionaries why don't ya? You all have tons of people that can accept the gospel. Instead of just praying for the missionaries, let's actually help them out. Faith+Works :) Till we meet again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment