Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Wanna Be a Pineapple in the Next Life‏ll

AND I FORGOT TO SAY GOODBYE AND HOPE YA ENJOY THE WEEK!! AWLWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIIIIGHT SIDE OF LIIIFE




Well howdy do one and all.  So I don't have much time because we're late so I'll just say my impressions of the letters.
  • ROAD TRIP!! RUUUUN BLAKE RUUUUUUN!!
  • Somebody put on King Julius and say ALL HAIL, DA NEW YORK GIANTS!
  • Channing sounds like things are rockin in the mission field.  Keep it up my sista!!  I'm goin crazy for ya (but not as crazy as the indians gettin gassed).
  • YEAH YEAH FOR THE RYANS!!  St. George.  I'm still giggling.  But hey, he'll have good members and a car probably.  And a toaster!!
  • CAN A BROTHER GET A PINEAPPLE?!
So this week was interesting.  So one of our contacts..... met him in the street and he told me he couldn't continue listening to us.  I say why and he says he feels pressured.  Says it should be by faith, not by pressure.  Well good observation there my friend, but what the heck are we doin to pressure you?!  So we go over there, had to sneak up on him, and have a short lesson with me and Elder Redd and a zone leader and another elder from my group.  So I ask him what the heck is goin on.  He says that he won't give up reincarnation until the day he dies.  Then he goes off on how we must be punished in the next life or how we must complete the certain time that God programmed.   
We ask him if he's prayed about it and he says no.  We ask him if God answers our prayers and he says somethin about how guardian angels take our prayers to God for us.  He thinks that to be "born again" means reincarnating.  He quotes alot from some book by some hama llama jama guy.  In another lesson we told him, and showed him with drawings, that only resurrection works in the plan of God.  That you CAN NOT believe in reincarnation and Jesus Christ at the same time.  Then this lesson he said we're just trying to change his beliefs and how we should all be happy with how we are.  Then I had to tell him all that we're doing is trying to give him the chance to pray to God and ask HIM if it's true or not. He said they're his beliefs and that's what matters.  I told him that I can believe that the sky is red but that doesn't make my belief true.  That's why ya gotta ask!!!!  Gah. 
 I need to learn more patience.  I'm sure Laren has experience with Buddist guys like this, I'm used to dealing with Catholics.  This is a new ball game!!!

Then we had our lessons with another Familia  and the wife still doesn't want to get married.  So we decided to change tactics.  We chilled and they said "hey let's look how we're doing with the 10 commandments!"  Gladly.  Hmmmm what does this mean don't commit adultery?  Let's look in the dictionary!  Ooooh so you have to be married to commit adultery they say.  Let's look at fornication they say.  Oooooh having relations when you're not married.  Ooooooh we should get married in order to keep the 10 commandments of God they say.  It's a lesson that taught it self!  But we'll see how that goes further on yeah?

Found a 3 new families this weeks, we'll see how that goes.  The members brought 7 people to church without us asking them.  Bien hecho mis amigos!! Muy bien.  So we'll see how this week goes I guess.  

Today we went to the Mitad del Mundo.  I stood on the equator and saw naked Indian guys and statues.  Learned some cool stuff.  We could balance eggs on nails, see water drain clockwise then counter clockwise, depending on what side we were on.  Then did you know you're weaker on the equator.  This little lady pulled down my shoulders like nothin when I stood on the line.  But off of it she couldn't.  Has to do with gravity or somethin??  

No comments:

Post a Comment