Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's Gettin Harder and Harder To Breathe‏

Okay sorry but I don't have alot of time again.  14 minutes to be exact.  And I still need to write President.  GAH!!  But thanks for writing me and all.  Awesome that Blake got a job in Georgia.  Crazy.  I was in Georgia for about an hour.  I called you guys there!  What do ya know.  I've told a few missionaries that Whitney Housten died and they've all said Who's Whitney Housten?  Bummer.  Tell Kyle that he'll do great.  Just go for it and if all else fails "it'll feel better when it stops hurtin".  Channing sounds like you're having an awesome time.  Keep up the great work and do the chicken dance.

This week was good, we had 6 investigators at church and we have about 9 with fecha.  I got to watch Lion King today (in English) and cook some hamburgers.  That movie has got to be the best.  I almost think I should have watched that instead of Fiddler on the Roof as my last movie.  Almost.  Because I got to watch it and I'll probably never watch F.o.t.R.  So esta bien.  As a missionary, Lion King gives you good ideas about repentance.  It's awesome!

We have a few families with dates, hopefully having a baptism this Saturday with the lady named Maria.  My companion discovered that the Panecillo, though often thought of as the Virgin Maria, is actually the representation of the true church of God as described in Revelations 12.  And that hill is where Ecuador was dedicated for missionary work.  So Catholics are wrong again!  Probably not but hey that's how I'll look at it from now on.  

I talked to a taxi driver who talked to us in English and said he is an eccentric millionare hiding in a third world country in order to live his dream of being a taxi driver.  We asked him where he learned his English and he told us that he learned at the best university in the world.  The university of life. But he said that he puts intentional mistakes in his English to fool everybody.  Had long hair and was super funny.  He's not a millionare though!

I've been learning a lot about how we just need to act sometimes.  Like the apostoles when Jesus told them to follow him, they didn't say Hey wait for me to get this last net of fish, but it says they immediately followed him.  And I tend to be a indecisive thinker.  Sometimes I just need to do things.  Like I let my mistakes ferment when I just need to swift sudden action and stop thinking.  Or I'll get a feeling to say something then I kill it with my "logic".  So that's my goal this week.
Just do it.

Love you all and hope ya have a great week.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment