Monday, February 20, 2012

Only Floss The Teeth Ya Wanna Keep‏

Todos los pollitos dicen pillo pillo pillo cuando tengan hambre cuando tengan frio!!

Hey how's it goin everybody?  Todo bien?  Bien bien?  Bien mal?  No saben porque están borrachos como los demás aquí en Ecuador?  Vacan.  No well it's Carnaval here in good ol Quito.  Here, like most holidays here, people get drunk and do what the heck they want.  But with Carnaval you also get to play with espuma, which is this foam stuff.  They shoot it out of these cans.  Globos, or water balloons, are banned so you don't see that too much.  But then some people like to throw eggs or flour.  Then some people just like to rob and stab people.  To every man his own right?  But it's been pretty fine with us.  Nobody has attacked us anyway, that happens more in the coast.  We've just been sprayed by these little kids as we walked down the street.  But then they kept on following us.  I stole their can of espuma, sprayed them all in the faces till they couldn't take it anymore, then sent them on their way.  Then yesterday we saw them again and this time they just attacked my companion and threw flour on me.  Punks!  And then we had 6 with baptismal dates and (holidays I curse your names!!) they all fell.  So our sector is lookin pretty down again.  We have to find some new families and rescue some of the ones we lost in the fiestas.  But as the drunken Brits like to say, "I get knocked down, but I get up again, and ya nevah gunna keep me down!"

One of the worst things I've seen here in Ecuador is the manipulation of relationships.  He cheated on her so she went and cheated on him so now she has 3 kids with all different dads and she doesn't think she can give up running off with other guys so she won't get baptized and her sister had surgery in order to be unable to have babies so she's running around the clubs with other men who are not her husband.  GHEESH!!! I just want to be the hose on all of these people and tell them to knock it off.  But what can ya do.  19 year olds and marriage counseling.  I can hear God singing, "Somehow I'll make a man out of youuuuu."  (But I'd prefer it not to be in the voice of Donny Osmond)

Oh so this Crowther gentleman has served in Quito too?  Yes it is beautiful.  Yes it is awesome.  Yes it does rock your socks.  And yippe ki yay does it make you wanna sing like an Irish man then cry like an Arabian in the matter of hours.  Así es la vida mis amigos.

That's good that Grandma went to church.  Keep her goin!  It's bad that so many people are in the ward are sick though.  No bueno.  Oh by the way, I need the email address of the bishop, or maybe just his normal mail.  Whatever works.  

That's crazy to think that Blake is living in Atlanta.  He's gonna find some big black woman and she'll make us great southern food and we'll sing gospel music.  Heap yeah.  But I gotta write him separately so I guess I'll save that record for my other plates.

So while we were eating encebollado we heard some guy just screaming his heart out.  They all start telling me to close the door and then some soaking wet, drunk, man without a shirt comes around the corner and starts pounding on the door next to us.  I thought that was strange.  But hey they let him in and took him upstairs.  Then we some punk lookin at us like french meat but then we walked on by.  The member we were with said he had a knife.  Then during our planning we here this man just screaming again.  Look out the window  and he's floppin around and running into walls and stuff.  Don't know if he was stabbed or drunk.  Then we saw some lady get robbed in La Villa Flora.  She was chasing him and he was trying to play it cool.  Then all of the people stop and start to whistle.  Then the taxis stop and the buses stop and then there's some kind of chaos.  Then he limped off around the corner.  Who knows what the heck is goin on.  People think it's a holiday and live like fleas on a dog snout.

Speaking of fleas my companion has a couple.  Has bites every night.  I don't have problems though.  Who knows?  Then I went to the Panecillo today and tried to find the ancient Nephite temple that's buried there.  No luck.  But there WAS a temple there.   But now they only have a hill and a virgin.  Oh and a mafia family live up there too.  That's interesting.  And I had McDonald's today.  Are the hamburgers smaller or what??  It's been 7 months but good grief I felt like 5 bucks for Barbie food was ridiculous.  I'm stickin to my chicken and rice from now on!! At least you get full with that.
And that's about it!  Hope ya enjoy the week.  I kinda forgot what I was going to talk about and prefer just rambling.  It's like random minute.  OR 15.  But hey we rock it.  May all your dreams come true and if you eat some butter think of me.  Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment