Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FIESTA IN LA CALLE!!‏

Well yes they do celebrate Halloween here. Wish I had my camera. A grand parade was goin down, and a lot of women in dresses shaking their hips, men in traditional clothing prancing about, some Smurf lookin thing with a mountain on it´s head, and tons of music. And they´re all getting ready for the Day of the Dead on November 2. They usually start celebrating a week before the actual holiday. I ate a bread thing called a guagua, which is bread that looks like a child, and it´s the traditional thing to eat for day of the dead. I took a picture, but again I forgot my camera. Next week.

And yeah the baptism was good. Good ol Walter. I explained to him what the baptism is gonna be and so I said the prayer thing and starting getting ready to put him in the water. But he wouldn´t plug his nose. Su nariz! Su nariz! But he just wanted to go down, throwing his back and everything. Well alrighty then! So I just put him under and he came up coughing like mad. The ward thought I killed him. But he´s alive, has a remission of his sins, the Holy Ghost, and the priesthood so todo bien.

And after the baptism we had a ward activity with corada morada, or this purple corn juice. It´s good with bread. That´s one thing I love here, the empanadas. Which is bread with cheese. I had no idea there was different names for bread, corn, and bananas till I got here to Ecuador. There´s like 5 different types of each! Madness!
Oh and I´m bald again. I forgot the word for scissors, but hey I remebered machina so BZZZZZRRRTTTT goes my hair. Ah esta bien I don´t need any more Spanish girls saying WHAT´S YO NAME?! in terrible English. But hey at least they try to learn a language.

GAH, so much music in here!! The Offspring, the gorrilas, Shakira, I´m gonna go mad! Or Babylon as Channing says.

Well Channing I´m glad you´re back in the mission work! Gotta love the video game analogy. And how the heck do you have time to read??! I have no time for nada!! I can´t write Grandma, or my friend´s letters, or read all I want. I only get to read it when we take the 2 hour bus ride to the rest of our sector. And WHY DO HERMANAS GET EVERYTHING?! haha We don´t have cupboards (how do you spell that?), furniture, and only half a fridge. And we were cleaning today and I found an ancient black orange. I squeezed it and powder flew out. Hope I don´t have some alien parasite grow out of my chest now that I´ve breathed the fumes. Oh and I found some old garments I didn´t have time to wash last week. That makes it a month I haven´t been able to wash them. I pulled them out and they have some kind of green and black mold growing on them. Smell terrible. Hope I didn´t wear them like that (joooke). They´re in clorox as we speak.

And if it´s not too late.... could you actually buy a cheap MP3 player mom? This flash drive plays the same songs over and over and over again even though it has others on there. I am about to lose my mind if I hear that weepy Be Still My Soul version again. And the stinkin church history!! I don´t know if I´ll last much longer....

I had a dream I went to Utah for training with my zone and everyone in Utah were nefitas and we were laminitas. They gave us dirty looks, and I thought I was talking to that weather guy on Good Morning America when somebody was coming behind him, I thought it was some cute girl, and it turned out to be a very fat man with a potty mouth. He wasn´t a happy camper. That made two of us.

Well celebrate that Halloween like it´s 2011!! Eat some candy! Enjoy the air!

Oh Channing I hear that Michael Jackson thing all the time. They actually just call me that instead of Elder. I don´t know if they know he´s dead or not. I don´t tell them otherwise. Just that he´s my spiritual brother.

I always have some kind of story to tell but then as soon as my fingers touch the computer I forget everything. Thus the emails with the excitement of butter dripping down cardboard. WOOO!!! let´s go again! let´s go again!

Umm..... we´ve been trying to teach people with very little understanding, but I think we finally realized that not being able to understand very well and lack of desire equal a great pile of cocooooo. So I think we´re gonna leave that family. But this other family is golden!!! We just need to work with the ward a little more and help with that. It´s gonna be good.

Ummm.... I was not transferred and our district stayed the same. It´s yo, Elder Andrade, Elder Keeling, and Elder Bloxham! Rocking Guaranda. And it´s pretty good. A poco a poco I´m feeling like I can take this all my own. A little hesitant to believe what my compañero says though. Pretty sure they say it to everyone. Cuz president said I´m being trained to be some leader or somethin or another but I think it´s just to motivate us greenys.
But I´m doin good! Oh if you haven´t sent the packages yet, could you send me a shirt or two for P day? Sick of wearing the same shirt.

Maaaaaaan I really can´t think of anything else that´s great or happenin. I´m livin the life in Ecuador! Channing, you rock, and smell like butter. So things are gonna be aight! Patience is one thing I´m learning and looks like you are too. And unlike you, I´m finding out how little of faith I actually have, so that´s one thing I´m trying to do too. And most of all, I just like desire. IF you have your goals with spanish and the mission, and work as hard as you can, you can do it. Just have the desire my sister. Desire to believe and desire to do what ya can.

Read Dallin H. Oaks april conference. I liked it. Made me realize, HEY I LIKE LEARNING!! I lost it back in high school but I really do love reading and learning more. There´s an adventure to it. And the feeling of having a purpose, and having some kind of drive!

Oh and can some one tell me what to do for pulled muscles? I jacked up the same leg twice and it doesn´t feel like a bed of roses.
But hey! Thanks a lt averyboty! Imma gonna gou nouw an find sum nuew fuends. Like a wise wise chicken should. chow, and love ya all, and I think of me when you eat pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment