Monday, November 28, 2011

No llore para mi Argentina‏

Well hello one and all and all in one. I´m writing early today because we´re sick of having to fight a bunch of teenagers for a computer. I swear Facebook has got to be bigger here than in the states. Or maybe it´s just that they don´t have their own computers....



WOOO!! Bout time they put in the Tebow. Ugly sloppy passes, but winning, is better than nice short passes and losing. So I´m down with that. Probably those prayers that are working. And Channing nobody says anything about the Colts because we all know that they´re terrible and hardly worth mentioning. Like the bees knees. Small, weak, and nobody actually cares about them unless it´s some saying without any real meaning. Like the franchise of the Colts. And that´s all I have to say about that.




Cambria!! Ahhhh I can here his lovely song in my head now. I still smile inside. But rock on, do what ya want but don't fail. Basketball can be fun if you want it to be. If ya don´t want it to be, it won´t be. Duh. But rock on my Diddy Kong.




I wish I could take pictures. I´ve been seeing some beautiful stuff down here. But asi es la vida.




So Channing, sounds like you´re having a wonderful time. Lots of rejection (like my love life) and walking around (like Wal Mart). But paintball is good! We don´t have that here. If we want to put bruises on somebody we have to throw papas or shoot corn out of our nostrils. Count your blessings.




WAIT!! Why didn´t anyone tell me it was Thanksgiving?? I had (this will be surprising) rice! and chicken!! and bananas!! The Thanksgiving of Kings right there. And contacted. But hey it´s alright, the foods good when you don´t put too much thought into it.




So I hate Christmas songs on the mission. We sang The First Noel for district meeting and I started thinking of the time I got sent back to class in honor choir in the 4th grade because I started falling asleep singing that song, then that led to me thinking of Christmas trees then Smokey laying under it, then the warm floors in winter then Josh Groban singing the Drummer Boy, then Christmas parties and then family then I said WHAT THE HECK IS GOIN ON HERE!!! So I don´t like it because it makes me think of memories and Christmas at home. No bueno por un misionero nuevo. No debo pensar en esta manera o voy llorar desnudo por 3 semanas. Por eso.





But on to the obra!! So this week actually wasn´t that bad. WE FOUND TWO FAMILIES!!! I don´t know if this makes you yell like Voldemort did in those commercials for the last movie or what but I´m a happy little camper. Mission work can be fun when you actually get to teach people. Go figure! So we had this challenge to contact 90 people in 5 days (the norma is 120 a week in the mission) so we really tried to talk to alot of people in the streets. Alot of rejections yeah, alot of liars yeah, one threat to send the dogs after us yeah, but we found some people! And like Channing, we´ve been going through deciding which investigators we can leave and which we should keep visiting. Been dropping some. But we started teaching again this family that we kinda half way dropped in my first month here, but now we started teaching them again. But wow something changed in the dad. He used to drink like a mad man so we couldn´t ever visit. But now he´s demanding chapters to read in the Libro de Mormon and wants to learn more. He assisted church and noche de hogar tambien. So he and his daughter have fechas now. The wife was ironing I guess so we didn´t get to ask her. But we will!




And we were contacting yesterday in the rain for awhile, a lot of nothing, but then we found one family. It went like this.


Hello we´re missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
Come on in!
Alrighty then.




And we talked with her and her husband, they thought we were Catholics but then we started talking about families and that there´s life after death. Left a folleto. But they have great interest.




After that yeah we talked with a drunk in the street and a few other guys then taught Familia Calderon la Expiacion then we got some referencias and visited another family. She let us in, we prayed, talked about what our purposito es como misioneros and then talked about prayer. She offered the last one and oooooooooo yeah. It was a good prayer. She cried. Elder Bloxham cried. Being the soul less, emotionally distant person that I was raised to be, didn´t cry but thanked her alot and now we´re gonna go visit tonight. Excited. Except Elder Bloxham wants to teach them the Word of Wisdom the first lesson so we´ll see how this turns out....




They had me bear my testimony at the Zone Council. This has a curse. Everyone who´s done this has had a transfer. It´s what happened to our zone leader, my district leader, una hermana, and now the other elder who bore his testimony too. Cambios son proxima semana. So it´s my fear that now that we have a little bit of success I´m gonna be moved to a different place. Siiiigh. But hey I´ll go where ya want me to go. It´s good for me, so I don´t get cocky o algo.



But it was hard this week at the same time without the help of the members. This made me a little irritated. So in priesthood meeting, they were all talking about being an example to the world and how we should help. But they didn´t do diddly squat to help us this last week. I was quietly reading the guia de las escrituras but I couldn´t take it. So I piped in my two cents how we say that we´re a light but we want to just keep our own light burning by just going to church and that´s it. So I told them they needed to share their light not talk about it, how they made convenants at baptism to be witnesses of Christ, how we´ve been asking them to help us for 2 weeks and they haven´t done anything, and they can talk all they want but as missionaries we´re dying here and we need their help. That fist in my chest felt a little better after that. So they made a list there in the class and now we have a schedule mas o menos. But we still need to talk to the mission leader who doesn´t do anything. And lies to the branch president about that. So he´s our next target. But at least we have some help this week. Sometimes, a verbal pencil to the face helps us all wake up.




Whew and that´s all I really have to think about now. Think we´re all good and dancing in the streets. And for some reason Evita has been playing in my head this week. That´s when you know it´s strange. YOUR QUEEN´S DEAD YOUR KING´S BLUE! SHE´S NOT COMIN BACK TO YOOOOouuuu

And what I learned in a lesson two days ago is that the Sabbath was changed from Saturday to Sunday to remember the resurrection of Christ. Which is awesome because there are some people who ask that alot. So ROCK ON!! And somebody please tell those 7th day Adventists this. Thanks.





That´s all my friends and family!! Ya voy! (I like that cuz it sounds like yeah boy) Till next week, I love you all, I want to eat a cookie, and it´s off to work I go. i ho i ho i ho i ho

No comments:

Post a Comment