Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Watch Yo Mouf‏

Hello one and all.

Well Mom I´m sorry!! This is the child that would tell you that he was homecoming king a week after it happened. I forgot!! And I thought that you had it, or said you had it. I can´t remember. Okay I got it here. And I know you don´t need it but I´ll just send it to help my conscience. Holy buckets I can´t spell that. conscoiusnshdskjfdklsjf crud. So long English.


Misón Ecuador Quito
Robles E4-515 y Amazonas
Casilla 17-03-078
Quito, Pichincha
Ecuador


So there! And I just never read the mission website. When do I have time? Soooo yeah there´s that. Sorry it cost so much. I´ll never ask for peanut butter again I promise!!



Aight so, that is very excellent that you´re helping those people Mom. That inspired me too. I´m gonna keep a few empanadas in my backpack from now on, to give to some of the dudes on the streets. We usually do that and there´s always a panadería nearby so it´s worked out pretty good. And that reminds me of that children's song. I´m Trying To Be Like Jesus. Be gentle and loving, in deed and in thought, for these are the things Jesus taught. How many times do we make an actual mental effort to be like Jesus? To do better? And one of my new favorites is that Señor te Seguiré. What´s it called in English? Can´t remember but it´s similar I think. I like when it says, Savior may I learn to love Thee. IT´s really a process. Learning to love the Saviour. And the scriptures that are with the hymn. 1 John 3:16-19. Or maybe it´s in chapter 4? Either way I love those chapters too. If we have love for the Saviour we can get this love for other people and really help other people. That´s what I´ve learned about how charity is the pure love of Christ. What the heck does that even mean?! Means that the whole shebang, the plan of salvacion, The Atonement, everything is because of the charity that Christ has. Because He loves us. Powerful stuff man. Makes me think of the Beatles. All we need is love, love, love is all we really need...


Gotta get this off my chest!! I saw a little dwarf lady, I mean an actual dwarf (even shorter than the people here), and she was Indigenous and they were all drunk dancing in the street. And they invited us to dance in there strange spasms of....dancing I guess. But we just walked on by. But I had a good laugh after it was said and done. Whew. But it´s really not that funny in words. Had to have been there I guess.


So we had a meeting with an Elder.... Ucera! De la setenta. And he was awesome! Like Channing, I´ve been sick this week too. And like Channing, they play movies on the buses. But every time they´re rated R murderfests that you can only shut your eyes and hear the gore. Well I was sick, having a fever it felt like (I dunno my head was on fire) and listening to two men kill each other. I wasn´t too happy. Felt worse when we ate. So I gave my chicken to some dude. He was happy. I couldn´t concentrate on anything, lost my tooth brush and 20 bucks, and felt terrible. But we made it to the meeting and wow. Glad I didn´t go back to our house. He had great advice about being missionaries and what we can do better. His wife talked about heroes. But he made me look at revelation in a new way. Because he said how we can find more in scriptures, because God is the most intelligent person in the universe, so scriptures are written in a way that we can apply them to all these different situations.

So now I really like Ether 3:1. Revelation is from the most powerful being in the universe and sometimes we treat it lightly. "Ah, yeah I´m just gonna go pray to the Divine Creator of all things in my bed" and then we fall asleep and don´t even finish. We´re not gonna get diddly squat from that!!! We gotta work at it, take a few steps in the dark till we hear the voice, ponder, and actually try everything we can do it to obtain. And when we have it, use it. IT´s actually a difficult process.! But it´s worth so much more. So it was super good for me. I need to get some of that good stuff. And work for it. So I was there for a reason.


So our trio is good, no new elder has come yet. It´s super hard though to cover such a big area. My compañero, Elder Andrade, is district leader now and the two sectors are one big one. So we´re really trying to excite the members to help us because it´s next to impossible to do this work without them. Which is how it should have been all along, we just needed reminded. Hmmm seems to me that Heavenly Father has been doing a lot of reminding to me lately. Wish I wasn´t so stupid. But hey that´s how us humans are I guess. But we have a schedule with them this week so that it´s gonna be good.


We had a baptism this week!! Familia Calderon (minus the father.... he got macheted at the baptism by the branch president) (macheted means chewed out, scorned. Not with an actual machete heh) who have been investigating since January. Shhheeeesh. But they finally did it! And they have great support from their family in Guayaquil so that's good. I´m glad. But it´s like us missionaries can never fully enjoy it, because everytime we have a baptism I suddenly remember another family we´re working with and all that we still have to do with them. me cansa!! But we push forward saints. Heap yeah.


But this week I learned that you do NOT say "your mom" in Latin countries. I had a terrible lapse of judgement and said this to my compañero on the phone when he asked who it was. And he knew who it was!! One of those moments where your mouth moves faster than your brain. And it just happened that he had the phone on loud speaker..... and the branch president and district president and the choir were there. And they asked him after "missionaries can talk like that? they don´t respect you?" and soooo my compañero was kinda peeved after that. and I pretty much destroyed the trust of the leaders in me. REally, saying that is like a cuss word here. So I´ve been working really hard to get their trust back. This morning I was digging holes and pulling weeds in a corn garden of a member. GAH! WHY DID I DO IT?! So I got super humbled this week and have been afraid to open my mouth at all. But I´m determined to get mastery of what I say and do. But I still get those reminders that I´m just a new elder and I´m still terrible and all this. But through all this I´ve learned that I can always improve, always know where I need to turn to if I´m struggling. I´m way far from perfect, at times feel unqualified. But I´m grateful that I´m here and grateful that I get these slaps over the head to remind me what I´m doing here. And that, as missionaries, I need to take my calling as a representative of Jesus Christ seriously at all times. Just not when I´m with investigators.


But hey I´ve talked alot. About nothing really. Sorry!! But hey I gotta go so I´ll just say thank you all!! I love ya guys, thanks for the support, thanks for the example, and thanks for all you´ve done for me. And now it´s time to rock and roll for another week. Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment