Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week Three: To Peru and the Mormon Howler Monkey Choir


Well, my final week here in the United States is almost over. 

Wake up at 3:30 tomorrow, get ready, eat me some cereal, and head off to the airport.  Good stuff.  Hope everything goes well.  I packed and everything fits! And it's underweight! So that means I'm missing something and my passport will be rejected. I just know it! Nothing goes smoothly for a Jackson. 

Speaking of which, I guess my district was kind of stuck in the middle of changing curriculums.  So my teachers didn't know what they were doing for the last 3 weeks.  But they told us yesterday that now they have everything and are ready to really begin teaching! And I asked, what the heck have we been doing then?! So now that I'm leaving to a new MTC they will finally begin teaching Spanish more.  Grrreeaaat. 

But yeah! Peru only speaks Spanish, I don't know much Spanish, but I'm okay! I would rather be hit in the face with the rock of Spanish now than be hit in the face with the boulder of Spanish in Ecuador.  Bring it on.  I've lived a good life. 

So home! Thank you guys for writing those letters.  They were a cool surprise. 

Dad! You're doing great for being technically challenged! Your letters give me images of the mountains and such.  Sounds like you're living pretty well.  And I just thought last night what a cool opportunity you have to be in the medical field.  Yeah, I know there are crazy and sick people all over the place but you really help people.  You've blessed their lives! You are kind of an example of the Church to people who don't know many Mormons.  So even though it gets stressful, I think it's pretty dang awesome.  I'm proud of you and you do great at it. 

And Mom you sound like you've been working like a mad woman.  What I said about medical field was directed to you too.  It's really awesome.  I think that's some of the best ways to show charity. 

Love yo faces. 

Blake and Cambria, well you both remind me of bald buzzards sitting there choking.  I'm sorry but that's the mental image that came to my mind.  But rock on!!
So rouging ended early eh?? They got it all done? They got fired? The immigrant workers took over? Either way, that's life.  Sorry but that's what happens.  Even rougers feel lay offs or a recession.  Or egotistical small men who enjoy power over others far too much.

So! Man, I really don't have much to say. I could sing you guys some songs? “It's P-Day, P-Day! Gotta do some laundry on P-Day!! Everybody's lookin forward to some emails, emails!!”
(Look up “Friday”. It's a terrible song. So terrible everyone sings it here.)

Or!!-- They call me Elder, they call me Saint!! That's not my name, that's not my name….

No, on second thought that was a terrible idea and I will promptly delete this.  Ah what the heck, no I won't.  It makes me look like I wrote something. 

Kind of like this! I'm just saying stuff without really saying anything just so it looks like I have a lot to say and you keep on reading because you think I'll be saying something which I'm not.  Well now you're thinking "Great! I've been reading this and wasted 30 seconds of my life reading something that's not really anything". 


Well that's exactly how Facebook works. 

Not that I would know. Strangely, I'm not missing much technical stuff. Weird.  I thought I'd need rehab.  Guess not!! (says the missionary whose thumb twitches looking for his iPod). (I joke)

So let me just state how awesome my pictures are here.  They will be grand when you see them.  My best work yet.  Two thumbs up!

Oh! So these last two weeks I did choir with my companion.  I didn't want to at first.  I told him that I sing terrible, and can only sound like a trombone.  That's how my singing life has been, a trombone amongst trumpets.  But he got me to go, and they put me with the basses.  I sat down among those missionaries and said what's up and got ready for this.  Well it was amazing!!! It was like a howler monkey had found another pack of howler monkeys so we could all howl together.  A section of trombones! They had these low voices when they sang that beat my low so I was just like YEEEAHHH!!! MAN VOICE TIME!!! So me and my trombone/howler monkeys sang. 

So I liked choir.  Especially when the idea of a devotional is exciting in this place.  It's the next best entertainment.  And you get good seats. 

But not anymore! Because I am leaving!! To Peru! Tomorrow!! Kiss this land goodbye!! Kiss tapeworms and diarrhea hello!! I'm going to come back looking like an old man who was accidently dry cleaned.  Shriveled, bald, and leaking all over.  Stupendous.  But hey it's all-good!! No se puden sobre nadaaa.  Yeah the other missionaries are kind of freaking out.  But they're all from Utah and 15 minutes away from home.  So this has been like going to school for them. Hahahahaha, those poor fools!!! They've never been away from this valley!!

Wait neither have I. 

Wasn't I born with a suit and a nametag?? I can't remember my old life.  Buh.  That's what they say.  I can't even quote Nacho Libre anymore.  They said we need to forget who we used to be. 

But you try to sit through Spanish classes all day and not think of ONE Nacho Libre moment.

But I must obey.  Yippe ki yay. Well my time is up and I must go skidaddle!

ADIOS MI FAMILIA!! LE AMO! (or whatever they say...)

No comments:

Post a Comment