Thursday, August 4, 2011

Arrival in Peru

Hello!! I´m alive.  It´s madness. I´m in Peru.  


So I got in Peru at 2 this morning. We drove through the city and it was pretty cool but pretty crazy too.  Lots of graffitti everywhere and people running the streets. You know it´s a party!! Man I am dead tired.  Just woke up from a nap though so maybe I am just groggy.  So this MTC is a lot more chill than ol Provo.  But also different.  We got here and there was a twenty foot fence and it had spikes on the tops of them. I have to lock everything, including my closet.


My new companion is from Costa Rica. ¡ Man it´s hard to spell with this new keyboard! ¡Aye yí yí! señulando!! gramattica!! él! ¿que pasa? Wow.  So si! Es small y white and muy Español.  I am the only one not fluent in Spanish en mi room.  The other American is from Southern California and his parents spoke Spanish.  Entonces es bueno pero a litte dificil.  And all these missionaries in this small crowded room like reading my email. READ IT!!! Now you{re embarrassed.  bueno.  


So, I like the food here.  Had some sort of green noodles and some kind of strange pizza and some kind of rasberry foamy dessert thing.  No se, pero it was good! So far so good.  But all the other missionaries here last night loved telling us how we¨ll get either constipated or have diarreah.  So here´s to a bright future!


The showers here are amazing actually.  Better than those crap MTC ones!! And the buildings are newer so that{s bueno.  But I don´t have any class today so I can¨t tell you how that goes.  So we go proselyting around the town.  that´ll be fun. 


I got some money exchanged into soles so I can go la tierra or super mercado.  I guess it´s like Wal-Mart? Oh, so DO NOT SEND PACKAGES HERE!! muy expensive.  So don´t do it.  Nunca.   I don´t even know my mailing address here so.... don¨t know what the heck to do about that.  maybe people can just email me and i will write them a letter back.  no se.  or I can just go without contact.  that works fine too.  yippee. 


OH. So, yeah they shaved all of our heads this morning.  Like sheep or an army or jail.  Mostly jail with these huge walls around us.  sheesh.  So yeah that¨s how it goes!  I am bald, confused, but more or less happy in Peru.  It´s winter here.  So it´s colder than Utah was.  And the sun just barely came out during lunch.  It was just all gray.  All over.  And I'm bald.  But I will try to send some pictures on this computer on my P-day.  Show you whats up.  Show you this game called saposita zausomethinoranother that I played with some elders from Peru and Costa rica.  Esta bien.  And funny.  But we got our messages across.  


So just let ya know it´s a laid back mad house here, I´m alive, I am bald, and I feel like the Bat Mobile flames are about to come out of my butt.  I love you all.  Adios!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog (I'm Mary Romney's mom). I served my mission in Peru, hace muchos anos. You will grow to love the humble, wonderful people in Peru. If you get a chance to eat some King Kong, it's delicioso.

    ReplyDelete