Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week Two: In The Land Without Hope....aka Caffiene


Hola!

Yes, I have been getting your letters.  They are fantastic and make me feel like buttered bread on a Wednesday morning.  So Cambria can mow lawns with a tractor?! That is like hearing Smokey can sing opera with John Travolta.  Amazing.  Well that's cool.  I never had a driving lawn mower.  I only had fleas.  Some kids have all the luck. 

SO! How is the first week without Channing?? Yes I have seen her around.  I even talk to her.  Everyone here gets so excited when you tell them you have a sister in the MTC.  She introduced me to her district.  My district already knows her by now too.  They point her out to me.  Oh there she is!! Happy day.  But it's pretty cool.  Kyle left for Argentina this Monday.  So had to get some pictures with him and say ADIOS! So yeah we have pictures of us 1st ward kids in front of the map.  It's pretty cool.  So I have been taking some sweet pictures here.

How was Pioneer Days? We sang a lot of songs about pioneers and happy and watched the movie Legacy.  HOORAH!! It wasn't too bad.  And to celebrate; our priesthood meeting was about Apostasy. 

Oh, good ole President.  Only he would relate going to bed on time to apostasy.  He had us underline in Preach My Gospel the part of the lesson on apostasy, what causes apostasy, which is disobedience to any gospel principle.  I wanted to point out that going to bed at 10:30 wasn't a gospel principle -- but then he said questioning a priesthood authority also led to apostasy. Then someone told him that I pointed out a scripture during personal study about “woe be unto him that says all is well in Zion.”  So he had me stand up and read it to everyone.  Then he said those words make him shake. So I chose “Come, Come Ye Saints” for closing hymn.  “ALL IS WELL! AAALLL IS WELL!!”

But that's terrible.  But seriously, some guys just look too much into the letter of the law.  Thank you President for bringing back the days of Moses! I will never take more than 2 steps past 10:15 and shall be stoned if I am late for a meeting.  Okay, I better stop.  Terrible.  Terribly stupid.

How's it going? Oh, yes I have received your great bounties of chips and queso.  Gracias.  I shall party like a Spaniard at the world cup with that stuff.  And also thanks to the Taylor family for cinnamon rolls! Which disappeared after I opened them.  Mystery.... I shall write them a letter.  Oh so Tara had an accident?? Good thing she is okay.  But please someone tell her she has a good 50 years before she needs to be driving like a hyped up, drunken, old woman with a vendetta against the world.  Be careful!

What else is there to say?? Oh! I leave August 3rd for Atlanta, then fly to Lima.  Yippee.  Too bad I don't speak Spanish and can't tell what the heck is going on.  But it'll be good.  I like adventure.  I already have carved in my wall here, GOD WILL GIVE ME JUSTICE.  Using my belt.  I gotta get outta here. 

Whew it's hot down in this laundry bucket.  Really, I gotta just get some energy out!!!

SO! I had to teach a lesson in class.  Me and my companion.  It wasn't even very long.  But one Elder fell asleep during it.  So as I was talking I picked up a pen, threw it, and hit him the face with it.  Then continued talking about our lesson.  He woke up.  But afterwards, when the class gave feedback, the district leader told me I shouldn't throw pens.  So, I apologized.  But I have my eye on that elder......

Well that is all I have for now in this endless cycle of doing stuff.  It's good! It's tedious! It's whatever! I like/get sick of it.  But it's good. I'm happy.

ALL IS WELL!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that all is well (minus the minor apostasy issue). :)

    ReplyDelete