Sunday, March 24, 2013

Marching On‏



Hey Mom how`s it goin?  DANG!  You almost found the treasure without even looking for it.  And I didn`t understand a word from the old guy`s riddle.  So we`re out of luck.  

Tanner Coombs is goin to Honduras??  He`ll do great there!  Awesome.  Hondureños are crazy.  There´s some guys there who fight each other with machetes.  Well...that happens here too but, still.  It will be cool.  Good for Ty goin off to California.  Makes me want to sing the Eagles. 

I liked the story of the first missionaries.  Part of it made me glad for serving in modern times...and on the equator.  Because wedging through 300 miles of snow is a tough mission.  But they were chosen souls for a reason.

So this week went well, Ariel, Aida, and Maria Luisa were baptized.  In the  picture, the bishop is the other one baptizing.  They`re all family of the recent converts, Familia Cuatin and Familia Abad.  So I`m happy.  We had a family home evening with the two families and the ward mission leader, Hermano Calderon.  It was great seeing all of them together having a good time and making friends in the church.  They`re like my.... church children.  haha I still feel responsible for them and helping them grow up... spiritually that is.

Sadly, Hermana Rosa doesn`t want to investigate anymore and doesn`t want to keep listening.  She said she loved us though.  We said we loved her too.  But it was sad.  We know how much the gospel blesses people but when they don`t want to accept it... it`s painful.

So this week we`ll hopefully have the baptism of Genesis, Cecibel, Carlos, and Erik, four young... people, who`re from the coast.  They`re afraid to be baptized because of what they`re parents will say.   So we`ll see if they can get an answer and have the faith to be baptized.  I hoping for a miracle this week.  Prayer!!

Other than that... it`s been a little cold, raining a lot.  But I`m doing good.  Still working and looking for new people to teach.  The members are good to us here.  I`m tired a lot but work helps with that.  I`m happy at least.

Well that`s all I really have time for today!  I love you mom, hope you have a good week, hope the family is doing well.  Tell everyone I said hi!  Choa.


No comments:

Post a Comment