Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hoorah For Israel‏



Hey mom how`s it goin?  I`m doing good.  A great family was baptized this last Saturday.  They almost weren`t but thanks to miracles and prayer they did!

On Friday night we were talking with the husband, and he said that he was excited and felt good.  I asked him how his wife was, he said she, on the other hand, had doubts and doesn`t want to get baptized.  I thought.  Uh oh.  So the wife got there and we talked to her all tranquilo and we asked her what was up.  That`s when all these excuses started flying out her mouth, "I`m catholic, I just barely did the first communion (is that what it`s called in English?), I can`t just suddenly change from one religion to another, my sister in law said that if I don`t pay tithing you`re going to steal our house, what happens if I go inactive after my baptism, I need to learn more, I`m not prepared yet, etc." 

Whoa.  So my companion started talking and saying a lot of stuff how that`s normal to be scared and nervous but how the church is true and how she should look at the changes that`ve taken place her life and her family since they`ve began to come to church. 

I asked her what she wanted to learn or what she lacked to be prepared.  She didn`t really know.  So I asked if we could go inside the church and talk.  I asked her if she had prayed, she said yes but that she hadn´t received an answer.  So I explained how we recognize answers through prayer.  My companion did as well.  Then I asked if she was reading the Book of Mormon.  She said that she wasn`t.  So we explained the importance of that.  Then we ended with this, "Okay let`s do this.  We`re going to leave you a part of the Book of Mormon tonight, you can read it, and then talk with Heavenly Father.  Ask him if it`s really true, and ask him what you should do.  Talk to him about all your doubts and fears and just ask Him what to do."  We left Alma 7:9-16 and left it with that.  After the lesson some members asked if she was going to get baptized and she said probably not.  The husband said "darn right!"  

So we went by the next day, at 8:45 am (the baptism was going to be at 10 am) to see how it went.  We brought our ward missionary leader just in case we needed back up.  But when we got there, everyone was getting ready for the baptism.  She was up stairs getting ready, so we talked to her husband.  We asked how it went last night, and he said, "Everything turned out positively."  

Oh, okay.  

So I didn`t ask her what happened but I ended up baptizing her and her husband later that day.  I was just shocked.  The Lord must have answered her prayers, the scripture must have touched her heart, and she must have felt something.   So I am just super grateful for the Book of Mormon and the power of prayer.  They`re the keys for testimony.  They make the difference.  So I`m thankful for all these blessings.

And just tell Jerrica and Cameron that I said "WOOO!!!"  Rock on.  

This week will be good.  I have a good feeling.  I had a dream with someone telling me "Tienes que trabajar durisimo!!!"  Alright, I guess that`s what I`ll do.  New companion, new change, let`s go a rocking!

Thanks for everything mom, thanks for your help and prayers, tell everyone I love them.

Choa!

No comments:

Post a Comment