Sunday, March 17, 2013

Here Comes the Sun, Little Darlin‏

Hey my mother, the family is all together again eh?  When`s spring break?  Or is it goin on already.  With 4 inches of snow that doesn`t sound too...springy but it`s cool.

I`m super pumped for Ty`s calling.  I`m gonna paint my face and crack open a Coca Cola for that guy on Thursday.  Tell him he`s gonna be in Guayaquil Norte or he`s goin to the eastern United States.  I don`t know why but hey it`s worth a guess.  

So... a ver..... what do I have to say today?  Hmmm.... this week I did a lot of divisions, had zone leader council, meeting with the stake president and high councilman, aaannddd ran like a mad man to all my appointments. Gad zooks I felt fat sweating like a turkey in oil.  

So we`re hopefully going to have four baptisms this weekend.  A grandmother of a family we baptized, another sweet older lady who´s a widow who`s been trying to find help since her husband died 4 months ago, and another couple.  We visited on Saturday and she said she didn`t want to get baptized. 

"Why?" we asked.  "No reason in particular." she said.  Uuuuhuuuuh.....

So we taught about what happens after we die and about the kingdoms of glory and everything was good.  Then we asked our recent convert (who pretty much said the same thing the day before her baptism) to share her testimony.  Turns out she had prayed the night before the baptism and had received and answer.  Then her son explained how they could be an eternal family.  Then we told her to pray and ask Heavenly Father what she should do.  So she did.  And yesterday she told us that she definitely wants to be baptized.  So WOO!!  

Turns out that they were receiving a lot of ridicule from their other children and their husbands who live just down the street.  Saying how they`re now "hermanitos" and when they walk by they always say "Hallelujah!" or some other weird comment.  They told her that they weren`t gonna visit her anymore, how they feel like they don`t belong anymore, that they don`t have to change religon to stop drinking and so on and so forth.  And that`s painful for a sweet grandma to hear from her children!! So we talked to her about opposition and I told her how crabs always try to bring the rising crab back down. But she`s going to be brave.  I hope we can continue helping her.  I´m thinking it might be good to go visit those other children though...maybe if they knew a little more they wouldn`t be so hateful about everything.

But other than that... I don`t know what else happened!  Just a lot of meetings and trying to help the other sectors that looked like they weren`t going to baptize this month.  Luckily the Lord`s blessed us with people in each sector in the zone.  So we`re gonna see the Miracle of March!!  Woooo!  

And now I`m just working on love.  Working on getting better.  It`s funny how I have so much time on the mission now but I still feel so slow and ignorant.  I guess that`s life though.  The closer we come to God, the more he shows us our weaknesses.  So it`s a good sign I think.

Well mom, take care, say hi to the family, and thanks for helping me with the letters.  I love you alot!  Choa.

No comments:

Post a Comment