Sunday, February 3, 2013

Los Buenos Locos

Hey mom what`s new?  Dad`s got a new clinic!!  Sweet.  Looks good.  The Catholic priest on the other hand.... well he needs medical care too I guess. So that`s pretty good.  Rock on.  

Ah missing child sickness.  I`m sorry.  I guess Skype might help??  Or just tell the other two that you need a new distraction, such as grandchildren.  That`d be good uh?

Well okay I`ve been changed.  I`m in my new sector Salvador Celi, in the zone Los Chillos.  I used to be in the heart of Quito before but now I`m in the adjoining valley. So it`s still part of Quito but it`s more like the suburbs and such.  It`s a smaller zone (14 missionaries) and I`m not a hotel anymore so I won`t have be stressed about every time there`s a zone leader`s council or a trainer`s meeting.  Whew.  So my own house, and my own zone.  So I`m pretty happy.  My new companion is Elder Dos Santos, he`s Brazilian and has one change less that I do.  So it`s good.  I don`t know a lot of the sector or the zone yet but it`ll be interesting.  I know the majority of the missionaries in my zone already because I was there in the thick of everything (who was coming to the mission, who was going, who was having interviews, who was training..) and I met a lot of the missionaries there.  So it`ll be good.  I have things to learn here.  What the Luz taught me was to trust my feelings, not be afraid to sit down and talk with a missionary who`s having problems, and serve the companion.  It also taught me that I need to improve my studies and get back in gear.  Avoid my comfort zone.

Hey thanks for the help with the card by the way.

Well this week was good I guess.  We just went around contacting a lot and visiting members and trying to help some of our investigators progress.  That`s been the problem.  Finding new people and helping them progress.  But one cool thing did happen this week.

We didn`t have any appointments and it was 7 at night.  What do we do?  So we decided to go and ask the Elder`s quorum president where his inactive councilor lived.  His wife, who just barely gave birth, was sitting there in the house and she told us where we could find them.  I called the inactive family and the wife answered.  She tried to put up some excuses saying how they were busy and her husband wasn`t in the house and she was sick and gonna go to the hospital tomorrow, I told her we only wanted to pass by and give her a blessing of health before she went to the hospital.  She paused....then said how about 8:30?  We said "But what about your husband?"  She said, "He`s right here.  We`ll be there at 8:30."  

So we went and she told us how she was gonna get a hip transplant and how she was really nervous and her husband has lost the faith and he`s depressed.  So I shared DyC 112, somethin that says that if we`re humble, God will take us by the hand and give us answers.  He was gonna be there, holding her hand, through the surgery.  Elder Barrios ( a missionary who was with me) shared Alma 7 :11-12 about how Christ can strengthen her in times of sickness and pain.  Then we invited her husband to give her the blessing. He didn`t want to at first but with some persistence he did it.  It was good.  She was at peace and got operated the next day.

The members that got robbed?  Do you remember when I talked about them?  Well we never got to teach them but we left flowers for them at least and tried to help the best we could.

But yesterday, we went and visited the inactive family again, but with members, and shared a message with them.  When we were leaving the sister who got robbed said "You`re an angel.  You`re always there to help the sick." 

Maybe that`s not my calling right now, to go help all the sick people in the ward.  But I just thought about all the stories of Thomas S. Monson and he was able to help the sick by following the spirit.  And that`s the truth.  We can soften the hearts of the inactives and the wayward members by focusing on their needs.  We can help the sick if we take a moment to pause and think about what`s happened to them.  I know you must be super busy with all your work, school, and church callings but try to think about someone during the day and I truly believe the Lord will guide you to help that person in some way.  And you don`t even realize your potential to help someone, the difference you make for that one person.  

I found that interesting this week.  And it`s part of the process of becoming a Bueno Loco.  

I love you mom, I love you dad, hope you have a great week.  Pray to help someone everyday and you`ll see miracles!  Choa.

No comments:

Post a Comment