Saturday, January 26, 2013

HUNK OF A LETTER




YOU DIDN`T GET THIS HUNK OF A LETTER?!?!  How bout now?



Hey mom! How´s it goin?  I´m alive.  Um, no, the new debit card doesn´t work yet.  My old one still does!  I don't know what´s up with it.  It says it´s blocked or I just can´t take money out of it.  I don´t get it.  Maybe you can figure that out?

Great galloping goose I CANNOT believe you´re still alive.  30 degrees below.  That´s terrible.  Poor Branson.  I hope he doesn´t go into shock or just collapse when he gets off the plane.  But seriously, that sounds miserable.  All I´ve heard of my dear Colorado is that there are wildfires during the summer, hurricane wind during the fall and spring, and near antarctic temperatures during the winter. Oh on top of that, there are random shootings. There´s no place like home.  I love the place, I´m grateful that it helped me grow reasonably sane and healthy, but I gotta find somewhere else to live.

Wow Cambria behind the wheel.... whew.  Maybe we can just go on a road trip to Florida and that´s how she can get all her driving hours.  Win win situation no?

That lesson you taught Sunday sounded awesome!  Wow, if they would have been teaching me like that when I was a wee little lad I´d be kickin trash out here in the mission.  Heck, I´d be kickin trash at 12 years old!  It´s awesome.  The youth will be way more prepared to answer random questions at school and also be much better prepared for the mission.  Revelation rocks.

Well this week was good.  We had zone leaders council, we were all called to repentance.  President Ghent left us, as a council, kneel down and pray to find solutions how we´re gonna help the mission be more obedient.  It was good.  There was a good spirit in the meeting.  We made some good solutions and even better, I feel like the other zone leaders are gonna do their part to actually help.   So that was cool.  Then I had to, in turn, call the zone to repentance in the mini zone conference.  Some people talked with President afterwards and now I think the zone in general feels better.  So now Elder Dearden and I are trying to pick them up, have some fun, and build more unity in the zone.  We had an activity today of playing Signs and Judges, Robbers, and Citizens, and eating grilled cheese sandwiches   So that was good!  

Elder Dearden and I have decided to make the zone motto for the rest of the change, "Burn the Boats."  It comes from a supposed story of Hernando Cortez.  The Aztecs were supposedly hard to beat and so Cortez started pumping up his men.  Then, at the end of his speech  he said "Burn the boats!" They all thought, what?  Then he said, "If we go back to Spain we´re gonna go in their boats!"  So they did.  And they won.  Who knows if it´s a true or not.  But we like the idea of burning our own boats (metaphorically) and moving on to the future.  We´ve repented, we´re worthy, now let´s leave the past behind, move forward, and go to work.  Then share that one scripture of Paul in (I don´t know how to spell it!!!) Filosences??  Chapter 3.  Says pretty much move forward.  Hopefully it goes well.

Oh, some crazy man got out of his car this week, and shouted "HEY YOU!"  We thought he was gonna say, "Hello my friend." or something like they always say when they see us in the streets.
Not so.
He started yelling a bunch of profanities in English such as.....well I´´ll give you the idea

"What are you doing here?!  Go back to Utah Mormons!  Go back to the United States!  "#$##$#%&%$&$%"$# and go away!!"

I said, "Be calm!  Be calm!  Hey, be happy!  Life is beautiful!"  In English.  I have no idea why.  Probably because I was in shock.

So I´m no Joseph Smith who can shout " SILENCE YE FIENDS OF THE INFERNAL PIT!!"  but I can at least get the idea of a Bob Marley song across.  Yeah boy.

haha but that´s pretty much it!  I´m doing good.  Living life.  I need to do better this week, work harder.  Be a better example.  Not be so scared to follow the spirit.  So I´ll be praying and trying my best!  I love you guys, I love what you do, and I´ll see ya next week.  Be happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment