Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It´s The End of My World As I Know It‏

Hey mom!  I´m sorry I always write you last.  Next week I promise you´ll be first.  I just don´t have a lot of time.  Only 30 minutes today!  I gotta be in the house at 4.  

It´s New Year´s eve and that means everyone is in the street with music and partying like mad men.  The tradition here is to burn the "año viejo" to simbolize the burning of the old year and burning all the bad that happened.  That also means that the "viudas" are in the street asking for money.  The viudas are men dressed up as woman (sometimes skankily) who just do this a tradition every new year.  WEEEELCOME TO EEEECUADOR!!

But I didn´t really do anything for Christmas, just visit some investigators and ate some turkey.  It was good.  Just chilled in the house and wrote letters and cleaned the house.  Kinda what I´m gonna do today!  So that´ll be fun.  I don´t mind.  I´m a tranquilo little bugger.

But I had a baptism last week.  Luis Jarrin!  He´s a good guy.  I´ll be excited to keep helping him.  

I gotta go!!  Sorry.  I love you.  Tell Dad felicidades and that I said hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment