Sunday, February 10, 2013

In Need of Helping Hands


Hey mom, what`s new?  I used the card and it worked!  I used it to buy sunscreen and vitamin C.  Good stuff!
 
Hey we have a guy from the Mexican colonies here in my zone.  Elder Romney.  Lives close by the temple there.  Cool stuff!
 
Yeah good job Ty.  Tell him to cheer up charlie and send Brett a smile.
 
Beyonce`s 40 right??  What the heck is she still doing runnin around half naked?  Well I guess if those weird guys from the hot springs do it I shouldn´t be talking about age. 
 
Alrighty so my new sector is pretty cool.  I`ve mostly been on divisions though, in the other sectors trying to help them get more excited.  I don`t think it worked.  But I got to know them at least! 
 
Oh and the people work here!!  Geez, I had a service project everyday of the week almost.  Tuesday I helped roll a big trunk out of the drive way of a lady.  I thought, alright let`s do this boys!!  We`re men!!  Then I bent down, pushed, and split my pants in half...
I did the deacon shuffle the rest of the night.
Thursday I gathered potatoes and put them in sacks.  I had to sort the good ones from the rotten ones.  Gooood times.
Wednesday I pruned a tree with a machete and a saw while precariously perched upon a partial ladder on a pine tree.
Friday we sanded walls, unscrewed cabinets, and painted the newly sanded walls green. On the way out I accidentally scraped my pants against the paint bucket....
Saturday I helped make the foundation of a new house by mixing cement (WATER!!  ROCK!!  CONCRETE!!! SAND!!  MORE WATER!!!) and having the men carry it in the wheelbarrows.  Unfortunately I`ve had a tan line from always wearing my collared shirt everyday, so the whiter part of my neck got burnt to a crisp.  I didn`t look to the left or to the right or nod my head much on Sunday.  But it`s all good now! 
 
So I liked this week.  It was nice to be outside working and helping people.  There`s a good satisfaccion about helping people out.  And on top of that we found two families, they both have baptismal date, one attended church, the other really wants to read the Book of Mormon and pray, and the Lord is blessing us.  I`m super grateful and hope that we can have more success this week.  I just don`t like talking about success because I think that God will punish me for being prideful or something.  So PLEASE pray for me!   This can be a great month!
 
Well that`s all for this week.  Thanks for the package by the way!!  I was grubbin on those Reese`s Pieces.  And the pictures are great as well.  I love you guys!  See ya next week.  Choa.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment