Monday, February 18, 2013

Everybody`s Gone Surfing‏

Hey my dear mother!!  It`s good to be alive.  It`s good to hear from ya.

Saturday we had a small earthquake!  It was a new experience.  We were in a meeting then all of a sudden I felt my stomach goin all back and forth.  I thought, "What did I eat this morning?"  Then I felt all dizzy and drugged.  It reminded me of the Villaflora!  But then someone asked, "what was that?"  Then it came back and then I saw the picture on the wall banging against the wall.  It was pretty sweet.  I stood up to see how I felt while standing up, I imagined surfing, but it went away before I could do anything.  And that was it.  Nothing drastic or dangerous or scary, just a first time experience.  It supposedly started in Colombia and Venezuela and Panama felt it too.  Cool stuff.

So Valentines day eh?  You hardly notice here!  It`s all about Carnaval, Carnaval, and Carnaval.  It`s when everyone has water fights and throws eggs and flour all over the place. But this year that haven´t really because it`s been raining all week.  Hard.  So I bought that stinkin sunscreen for nothing!!  

A family, Familia Abad, is going to be baptized this Saturday at 10 am.  I´m super excited.  It´s an actual real family that could be sealed in a year.  So it`s awesome.  They´re doing great.  I gave Nixon, the husband, a blessing to leave smoking and drinking and he hasn`t done either for about 20 days now.  Keep it up!!

We have another family, Familia Cuatin, progressing well for the 23.  They`re awesome.  The husband went and told his friends that he couldn´t play soccer anymore on Sundays.  For Ecuador, that`s huge!!  Wooooo baby.

Um other than that I really can´t think of anything else that`s happened this week.  I just can´t listen to music for 2 months or have activities.  They´re called righteous sacrifices.  Because we want to see miracles these next two months we`re going hardcore to receive blessings.  So mom, if you could help me out with missionary thoughts or faith motivating experiences.  I have to help the zone stay diligent and excited and I have to set the example with all of this.  So if you could share a spiritual thought in your letters each week it`d be great. Kinda like you did this week!  Good stuff.

Well keep on working my mother!  You´re doing great!  Tell me what I should do with my life.  What should I study?  Are you okay with me going to study in BYU?  Should I go back to work in the potato field when I get back?  

AH!  Spiritual things!!  Yeah, anyway, I gotta go.  But thanks for everything mom.  I love you!  Take care and tell everyone I said hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment