Friday, August 3, 2012

HOOOPLA!!!

Hello!

Wow you almost died!  3 rattlesnakes and Dad with a blazing barrell.  That´s crazy.  Good thing nobody got hurt.  Arrowhead hunting.... at least rattlesnakes would make it a lot more interesting for me anyway.

It´s already the celebration??  Why didn´t I get any photos of grandma's sandwiches and those mini wieners with BBQ sauce??  Mmmmm I´m hungry.  I miss food. But how was it?  That´s cool that they finally got a carnival with those wristbands.  How was the parade?  They're having a party here in Coca too this week.  Some kids just went buy blowing horns and everyone just started clapping their hands and dancing.  HOOOPLA!!!  

Hey that´s awesome that Blake got a job.  I hope he doesn´t start glowing in Los Alamos.  (But actually kinda do because that'd remind me of my Aladdin pajamas when I was 3).  Hope it works out for him.

Well this week was alright.  Went over to Lago Agrio, the part of our zone that´s 3 hours away and by the Colombian border.  My zone is split in two parts, Coca and Lago Agrio.  We have a district and 4 Elders here and a district and 4 Elders over there.  They all live in the same house and Lago has less than a year as a branch.  But on the second floor of a building they have a pretty nice chapel.  I like it anyway.  I just feel weird as a leader having to tell Elders what to do.  "Hey..... you guys should work more..... and get along....."  haha I just feel so awkward.  It's like we know we're here to work so let's do it!  And it's even weirder because 4 of them have more time on the mission than me.  But oh well.  I'm still learning.

We also found a family of 9 this week!  That was cool.  A appointment fell so we prayed and went looking for people and we find some ladies cleaning this piece of land with machetes.  "Ya need help??"  SURE!  OKAY!!  So we start wacking grass and trees and everything else green with machetes.  They gave us coke and then we set up a cita.  They're really cool.  Oh we also dug a well.  With shovels!  In rain.  It was work that just made you feel like a man and then they gave us this fruit that looks like a massive green bean but the fruit is white and hairy on the inside.  I like it!  So that was the week mas o menos.  Service, trying to help dying missionaries, and contacting!  And it was pretty sweet.  

The card is working!!  I bought stuff in the store to see if it was alright and yeah it's still good.  But how much do I have?  I'll keep track I swear :)

Oh I also sent a package to you guys.  But filled with letters I haven't sent for months.  And I lost some of the letters.  So if you could help me out sending some of those pleasseee..  thank you.

Well that's about it!  Sorry!  I'm just living the life down here in the jungle.  But make sure to do your family prayers, keep reading scriptures, and family home evening.  DO IT!! :)

Love you all.  adios

No comments:

Post a Comment