Friday, August 3, 2012

Si marchaís adelante con firmeza en Cristo‏


Hey Mom how´s it goin?
 
Yeah I heard of the shootings in Denver here in Coca.  The branch president´s wife told me.  They must think Colorado is goin to pot with all the fires and shootings and what not.  Or at least I do.  But that´s sad.
 
That´s awesome that Kyle is with a Colombian!  They talk so fast in Spanish.  But he´s talking English of course.  Tell Kyle to ask him what part is he from.  I kind of have an idea how Colombia is set up from talking with people here.  There`s literally about a million Colombians living in Ecuador.
 
Hey question, is Chase in Provo or Brazil?  He said he wasn´t sure.  I sent you a letter for him anyway.
 
Well Blake is going to be a new Mexican.  Awesome.  Maybe he´ll learn Spanish! That´d be great.  What is he doing anyway?  Tell him to write me.  I love that you write me about everything mom and I really appreciate your letters but I recall having 5 other members in my family.  But I guess that´s what I deserve for not writing Blake and just walking around the house with my ear phones in.  You sow what you reap!
 
I liked what you said Mom about sometimes we just need to do stuff.  That´s what I´ve been trying to focus on.  I´ve always kinda lived my life passively.  Never liked making decisions.  I couldn´t even choose what I wanted for my birthday or Christmas.  I´ve always gotten by with the minimal effort.  Heck I didn´t (or don´t) cook because I don´t even want to put forth the effort when I can just mix cereal and milk and start eating.  And the mission has helped me realize this weakness in me.  Elder Bednard talks a lot about how we´re meant to act, not just be acted upon.  So what happens when you live a life that´s just be a reaction, a small ripple of somebody else´s splash?  You get caracateral strength of a stack of cards!  You get the spiritual foundation of linkin logs!  So I´m super grateful for the challenges I´m going through right now as zone leader.  It´s helped me realize that it´s time to act and it´s time to take up the yoke and get to work.  We sometimes act as if somebody else is going to do our work for us, be it cleaning, studies, or missionary work.  But not anymore!  I´m going to start acting like it all depends on me.  So I´m excited for the future.  I want to change and the mission is going to help me do it as I focus on helping other people and remembering why I´m here in the first place.
 
So that´s what been kinda bubbling in my mind this week.  But it was a good week.  Hope this next one will be good for you!  Thanks for all you do, your example, and for the love you´ve shown.  I love you all, hope you´re great, and just keep on rockin!
 
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment