Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chicken Foot Soup for the Soul‏

Hola familia.  Okay so what the heck was I gonna say or comment on?  All I hear is the beeeeeep of a dead heart beat.  Daft.

So that`s exciting that Cambria got to leave on a luxurious trip to a tropical island while the rest of us stay stressed and cold.  I`m really happy for her.  

Change in career huh?  What else could you be?  You could be... a taco seller.  I love how people here sell whatever you need on the street.  You`re in heavy traffic and then somebody walks by selling toilet paper.  YES!  Just what I needed.  Or you´re sitting in your house and you hear some man holler EEESCCOOOBAAAS!!  (broom)  And people run out to their door.  They`re also the little old indigenous ladies always selling newspapers.  All is silent at 9:30 in the morning then you here COOOMMEEERCIIIIOOOO.  So that`s what you could do mom.  Walk the streets of Bountiful screaming whatever the heck you want till somebody buys from you.  If you`re stressed you feel like screaming anyway!  So why not have a job that´s it`s own stress relief?  I believe I`ve found the key to happiness. What started as mere rambling brought me to the threshold of discovery as Sherlock Holmes says.

I think while Cambria is gone would be the perfect time to start throwing cats out of the house.  

Okay anyway, the week in a nutshell.  Hmm..  It was good.  We left with a lot of members to go all over the place in divisions and start rescuing souls.  There was a family that was inactive for 9 years that suddenly showed up at church this week with a 16 year old daughter who wants to be baptized.  The bishop and I went over there and I did a few questions to see how much she new.  She blew us away because she talked about how she´s been reading the Book of Mormon and has prayed and has received an answer from God that it´s true.  The mother was so happy that her husband decided to finally go back to church that she was crying.  Then the bishop started crying because his story was really similar, he was inactive for 12 years before coming back and finally getting sealed to his family after being members for 30 years.  The husband shared a letter that his wife and written him (but never sent) about 17 years ago,  saying how she couldn´t wait to be an eternal family with him and their daughter.  Whew.  Some good stuff!!  So they want to come back and I said why not baptize the daughter this weekend?  So we´ll see how everything goes.  It just made us think how many more families are there out there, offended, angry, or otherwise, that are just waiting for something to bring them back.  I think this family went through some really hard times before they made the decision to come back.  We were just talking about that with the bishop at lunch yesterday. The way the Lord makes us closer to Him is through trials.  They´re meant to help us grow and learn if we don´t become bull headed and harden our hearts like Laman and Lemuel.  So I found all this very interesting.

We are teaching another family, and I feel really good about them.  Hopefully they´ll be baptized the 1 de Diciembre.  They´re getting testimonies and getting to know more members.  They´re a blessing as well.  I try to always remember that.  In this hard sector, everything is a blessing from the Lord.  I got here and there was nothing.  Then miracles started happening and they keep on happening.  I just try not to be stupid and get in the way of the Lord.  But its hard sometimes.  During the week it looks like everything will go to pots and that we have nothing again but then some how everything works out there in the end.  Every sector I´ve had has taught me something new and that´s what I love about the mission.  There´s so much to learn and do better.  I just reeeaaally don´t want to waste my mission.  It´s way too short. This month flew by.  And they´ll keep on flying so I gotta squeeze all I can out of these two years.  Whew.

Well I gotta go meet the district leader for an interview we´ll be doing tonight but I love you guys, I´m grateful for all you do, and I hope you always look on the bright side of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment