Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mormon: A person in, going to, coming from, or thinking about a meeting.‏

Hi!  Well I don`t know who these cats are and what they`re still doing in the house.  How strange.  One has a eating disorder.  Must be an American cat.  I`d say animals have an eating disorder here from all the diapers and garbage they eat.  It`s a whole new level of pets!

Um it`s the second time I`ve trained a zone leader actually.  It just means that it`s their first change as a zone leader so I have to show them all about verifications, capacitations, and the informes we do.  They already are great elders and know how to work, they just need to know how to help a zone and how to report everything.  It`s not too hard.  But it makes me a zone leader daddy!  So I have two zone leader sons and a grandson already!  Hoorah!!  In the normal mission, my son, Elder Recalde, is here in the zone and he was finishing the training of a new elder so that makes me a step grandfather.  My brother, the other son of Elder Andrade, is from Guayaquil and he`s also training so that makes me an uncle.  My half brother, Elder Bloxham (because we finished our training in a trio), is also doing well and I`m not sure if he`s trained or not.  Oh and my father`s dead.  So I have a great big messed up family here in the mission!

I know what you can give me for Christmas!  More shirts.  I just got sick of seeing these stained collars and stained arm pits so I threw a bunch away today.  I have 5 now.  The new ones you gave me and a few fairly stained ones but that I could at least wear a sweater with to hide the stains.  So SHIRTS would be nice.  Maybe a tie or two I dunno.  What does a missionary really need?  You could send me a few referrels?  A Book of Mormon coated in that drug they gave me back in the Villaflora?  I really don`t know!  Ya could send me gas from the rear of a cow and call it Christmas and I`d be satisfied.

Yeah so Obama is still president.  I don`t mind.  I didn`t vote so it`s all the same to me!

Cool that Dad got a new clinic.  That should be nice to work in.  

I find this funny.  Tara has enough time to go through about 20 boyfriends in 16 months then writes me saying she really had no time to write little ol Elder Jackson in a whole year?!?!  I see why!!  Geeweeez somebody help that girl set her priorities straight ;)

Hey you DO have referrals!!   Everybody has a referral, they`re just waiting for the missionary they can trust.

Well okay I guess I`ll tell ya a little about my week.  MEETINGS!!!  Gad zooks so many meetings.  Zone leader council, mini zone conference, leaders meeting, meeting with the stake president, ward council, and zone conference with an Area Seventy,  I had a meeting everyday almost!  I had to learn some stuff, then we had to train the zone, then try to train the new district leaders, then try to work with the members better (the mission struggles with that), but then we got the cool conference with Elder W. Christopher Waddell.  He`s a great, tall guy.  Inspired everybody to be more obedient and to love the mission.  He told how we`re usually not assigned to a mission for a specific reason, but to a mission president.  Interesting.  Then they called on 3 people to give 5 minute talks about one of the three asssigned topics.  Of course I got called.  My heart was beating harder than a bass drum.  I spoke last, but as the second speaker was well, speaking, the bass drum moved up to my throat.  The topic?  The role of the holy ghost in conversion.  Easy enough.  I looked at my notes as if I had some intelligent idea put together and then.  My turn!  I told a quick story of how I had to dance to the song of Men in Black in the Spring Fling when I was about 10.  We each got a glow stick and I put mine in my pants pocket and zipped up the zipper.  Then when it came time to do the dance, I went to take out my light but it wouldn`t come out because the zipper was stuck.  So I danced anyway!!  I thought nobody would notice the boy without the light but I was wrong.  They did notice.  

What the heck that had to do with the spirit and conversion I haven`t a clue.

 But I said the Lord has given us a light to help us magnify our callings, the Holy Ghost, and we shouldn`t lock it up in our pockets through disobedience and pride.  A few scriptures and quotes from PMG and it was good enough!  I timed it.  4 minutes and 55 seconds.  Yeah baby.  But it was a good experience anyway.

Other than that it was an okay week!  Just kinda rough with a few investigators who fell into drinking again.  But they want to be better and that`s our job as missionaries!  Help people have faith and REPENT.  Give them support and help them repent.  That`s why I`m gonna do all that I can to work with members cuz if we become their main support, they`ll fall after we leave.  That`s why Elder Waddell talked about the importance of the Book of Mormon, prayer, church attendance, and members.  Without the Book of Mormon, there is no conversion.  And that`s the truth!  So we gotta stay on it and keep on working like a bald logger in the Alaskan tundra.  

Well I`ve written alot.  Hope you`ve had a great week!  Hope you have a greater one.  I`ll be here trying to do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country, and to obey the scout law.  I love you all mucho and espero que estén orando como familia y leyendo las escrituras!  Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment