Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dum dum dum dadada dum. Dum dum dum dadada dum.‏

Whew, elections, stake activities, sickness, testimonies, and the works!  Busy week.  Hope you all survived in one piece. Pressure!

Hello Dad!  Did you get rid of the virus?  Hey, I have a question, why did you decide to be a PA?  What called your attention?  Another question!  How did your mission affect your life?  You feel like it changed your outlook on a few things?  Those are two questions I´ve been thinking about for ya.  And you´re working in the young mens now right?  What´s that like?  How are the young men doin?  You should show to them the Mormon Message of Jeffery R. Holland´s "Stay within the Lines" (We are all Enlisted).  It´´s powerful and hopefully would impact some of the young men now that the age limit has changed. But I´m glad you wrote!  It´s true what ya say.  All the hard things just help us man up a little. 


Speaking of men, I had a good conversation with the bishop about John Wayne and Bonanza, I told him how you loved watching all that when you were a kid too.  It´s funny, a kid can´t help bragging about his dad to people who might never even meet him.  But I do look up to ya dad, and I want you to know that I love you and that I try to be a good example to the people I meet.  They might never meet my parents, but they´ll get to know them through me at least.  So thanks for all you do!  Don´t get too frustrated!  Remember that you´re helping tons of people and everybody loves you for it.  The Lord will have to hug you at the last day just for the years of service you´ve offered.  So keep on trucking my father!!


Hello Mom!  The activity sounded great!  Question, Jasmine Gallegos is still attending and listening to the missionaries?  I hope so.  She´s an awesome person.  

Oi, testimonies are rough emotional ordeals.  I love Papa.  It must be really hard for him.  That's why Heavenly Father sent children and grandchildren to help lift him up on his low days!    

Funny, I made a fool of myself bawling in my own sacrament meeting.  I don´t know what came over me.  I just was just sitting there in sacrament meeting with some investigators and I just felt so grateful for the Atonement.  Cuz I know I´m imperfect and I mess up a lot but still, somehow, the Lord lets me work here!  He´s helped me change a little and is still patiently chipping away at my rock hard heart.  He´s blessed me with so much even though I´ve messed up even more.  So I was thinking all about that, then my companion goes up to share his testimony.  Dang it.  I have to go too.  He shares his (speaks of the Book of Mormon), then I go and just kinda cry into the microphone.  DANG IT!!!  But I shared my testimony and then macheted the members by telling them that "where there´s love, there´s no gossip".  Then sat down.  So I think the general opinion of the me in the ward is the mean cry baby.  But, nothin we can do about it now!  Might as well accept it and just put my words into action.

So changes came and Elder Peterson left with half the zone.  So I´m here training a new zone leader, Elder Dearden (he has 10 months like I had when I became zone leader!) and carrying on the work.  That´s why I´m kinda excited but stressed.  It´ll be a good change.

And we also had a baptism this last week!!  My first REAL family.  Husband and wife who can be sealed in the temple in a year.  YES!!!  It´s so great.  They have great testimonies as well.  They´re very kind and friendly.  We just need to keep working with ward to make sure they stay active.  We have family home evening with them tonight.  They´re names are Luis and Maria .  It´s a miracle because this sector hasn´t baptized for about 7 months.  So we feel really blessed.  And we have two more families that could be baptized in this month.  Hope everything goes well if I just stay humble and prayerful.

Well that´s all this week!  I love you guys, I miss you guys, and hope you have a great week.  I don´t need anything for Christmas the shoes work great thank you.  Adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment