Monday, October 10, 2011

Thuffrin Thucatash‏

Hey how´s it goin?? Oh I just didn't write because I didn´t feel like it. Naw, I joke, the internet was out last Monday. And there´s no water this Monday. We shall call it Outback Mondays. I haven´t showered or shaved or used the bathroom and my bladder is screaming something in French that I can´t understand and is probably not appropriate for anyone over the age of 4. HEY! I just wanted to say that.

Oh so I got my REAL mailing address from a letter from Kylie but whoops I forgot to bring it soooo don´t send anything yet. And don´t look them in the eye. I´ll get it to ya. Real snappy.

Channing, I am jealous you saw conference in English. I had only spanish in our tiny rama. But it was still good. I understood. I think... I don´t have any English to compare it to so I´ll just say yes. I´m using Richard G. Scott´s advice of memorizing scriptures. I got 5 down right now. And partly because when I´m cookin my eggs and pan in the morning I got nothing better to do than to memorize. Oh ya.

Um so yeah I got the humility thing last week but this week has been patience! Hoorah for attributes the mission will force you to learn. Like in real life. Not mission president kinda stuff. But like I said, the water is out, but the good news is that it´s the rainy season here again! Feel like Forrest Gump. It rained here for three months. NAw.. Just everyday is a shower! Cold. But hey my normal shower is just as cold so it´s alright. Like showering with clothes on. But it rained way hard this last week. The district leader was in Quito so me and Elder Andrade had Elder Bloxham with us. And we had to go to lunch up on the mountain. And I thought it was hailing but it just turned out to be rain drops the size of marbles. Tasty. So we start heading out.

I can happily report that Blake´s rain jacket isn´t water proof but is about as absorbent as the average diaper. Got that water nice and freezing like. So we´re running through the streets because we got to get to lunch, the other two elders have their umbrellas, I have my diaper jacket, and we get to the stairs leading up the hill side. It´s a stinkin waterfall. VAMOS SEMAJANTES! NINGUN VIVE PARA SIEMPRE!! and we run the stairs. It was a great idea to have those shoes waterproofed. Then we get to the mud section. Oi. Cars are flippin out, we´re running like trying not to slip and get me more wet in this waterfall. Second pair of stairs!! Woo!! Well we finally get there, our mamita gives me her husband's shirt to wear under my shirt since I´m soaked. Then we get ready to eat and she gives us a whole fish each. Elder Bloxham hates fish and is horrified. I tell him it was probably just spawning on the staircase. But hey it´s food and we´re good.

Yeah! What do I eat? Well I eat rice! And cooked bananas! Last week Elder Andrade and I cooked bananas and corn for our vesina and we got some cheese in return. and a cooked banana. Yeah I eat corn but a different kind of corn that has a different name and is big and white. I helped grind some of it and we put it with some cheese and put it in the corn husk and then cooked it and then ate it and it was good. Oh but in Ambato I had a choco banana which is the first dessert use of the banana I have seen and it was good. There are actually different types of bananas that aren´t called bananas at all. Verdes and duros. I cook those for breakfast sometimes becuase you can´t eat them raw.

HEY! Who signed me up to grow up anyway?? I gotta do my own shopping, wash my own laundry on a rock, then iron it, clean my stinkin house, pay this $3 electric bill, keep track of my expenses, feed a Latino, and convert people to the gospel?? I want my money back!! And a stinkin bathroom oooooooh my chalupa I am going to scream like a dying pig.

Oh Channing, by the way I hear screaming pigs here alot and I think of you. I don´t like that scream very much myself. And oh man we almost got attacked by this pack of dogs, those things are everywhere. So Elder Andrade and I were throwing rocks at them like crazy. BACK! BACK!

Well investigators wise, we got nada. Zip. Gah. So we´re gonna CLEAN the zone. Lots of contacting and finding new families because the families we have now are not progressing. They just don´t wanna change. And yeah it´s true that some are humble but that humility can go two ways. One is, that they grow closer to God. Other is, they only think money can fix their problems and all they do is feel sorry for themselves. And we can´t help them because they won´t let us. I thought I was a terrible missionary because we have no one progressing. And we´re working!! Not like we´re sitting out here with our teeth in our mouth. But it´s probably where we´re putting our efforts. So yeah. REFRESH BUTTON.

WEll I gotta write Presidente cuz I didn´t last week too sooo I might be in trouble. Oh no. And I´m going to Quito at 3 I need to go change. OH NO!!! But I played monopoly and won so I was happy. But I gotta go. To the bathroom. But that won´t happen so I´ll go write President. Aight I wanna say seguia adelante and I am outta here.

ROCK ON!!


No comments:

Post a Comment