Saturday, September 10, 2011

WEEK EIGHT - NO HABLO AMERICANO
















Hola one and all. I write you for the last time in Peru. Gray, large city ppeerruu. wwhhooaa wwhhyy iiss mmyy ccoommppuutteerr ddooiinngg tthhiiss???? ssttoopp!!!! ssttoopp!! ddoouubbllee eevvrreeyy tthhiinngg. Okay it stopped. Just when things are loading. Whew. That would have been annoying. Noooobody panic!! Halt! Breathe!!

SO rock on, Blake those are the kind of hotels you need to rock at!! Sounds like a party. Cambria, math is the devil and the only way you can beat it is by just take it, in all it´s crap laden glory. Hisss. Math. Another bad 4 letter word. WHAT THE MATH IS GOING ON HERE?!?! DON´T USE THAT LANGUAGE IN MY FIELD, GET THE MATH OUT OF HERE YOU DIRTY MATH MOUTH MATHMETICIAN!!!

Oh fall. I think that´s what I´ve been feeling here. But I can´t tell. It gets cold. But it´s always gray. Except for 3 days of sun, or 3 days which had an hour of sun!! Heap yeah.

So anywho, gonna be leaving to Ecuador Tuesday morning. I believe. That´ll be cool. The MTC went crazy fast here. Like WAIT!! They just barely taught us how to study better last week and told us that we could do this type of planning thing which would have been GREAT to know at the beginning. But hey what can ya do? Just get kicked in the butt and sing like Bill Cosby that´s what. So I´ll just go with it.

Last Saturday we had proselyting again. That was fun. Actually taught some people! Told them what´s up! Except when I pulled out the wrong pamphlet, I meant to use The Gospel of Jesus Christ but ended up pulling out Chastity. ooooooh..... But we handled it. And I couldn´t hear on the street because of all these little motorcycle taxis that got running around all over the place. So when they all suddenly looked at me I was like.... uuuh, yeah! if you ever need us Mormons just call! Then they continued explaining the Book of Mormon. OOOH. But other than that it was good.

Spanish is a slooooow painful peace of yucca sliding down your gullet and you just hope someday it´ll get to your stomach and you´ll at least be able to fart with it. Speaking of which! Not farting but yuka! Or yooka? or YAHKAW!! Whatever that spikey plant is by our house. If you get the root and steam that stuff you can eat it! The root. But it tastes like dried chalk. I had some everyday here. It was terribly great. But make sure to steam it. Or you might die or something I dunno I don´t cook yucca....

SO I have some letters to send to people who wrote me, even the Taylors who gave me those great cinnamon roles in Provo....and I haven´t written back......which I am ashamed of and I´m saying sorry for right now.... but yes I do have letters for them! and Brenda and Tyson. I just need stamps. Those things are like gold here. Hard to find.

SO yeah good stuff going down over here. Do I feel ready for Ecuador? HA...HAHAHA. HUH. heh.. huh...he...cough.....sob.....hysteria.....(rips off pants and screams like those men who fall of things in Star Wars and Indiana Jones). Yeah I could be better prepared, with a lot of things, but hey it´s okay with me. Just go out there and do something productive. It´s worth a shot. Not like I can be held back. And I don´t want to anyway. It´ll be good. I can testify and pray so hit me with it!!! I can understand waay more than I can speak, which is kinda frustrating, and subjunctive irregulars are a mother of a french hen with hemorrhoid problems. No fun. But no se preocupe!! If that´s even spelled right. I dunno.

But as many Latinos say, "DON´T WORRY, BE HAPPY". Keep that in your heads this week and you´ll be just fine. Rock on mi familia and soul brothas

No comments:

Post a Comment