Monday, September 19, 2011

WEEK NINE - Estoy Viviendo‏



Yo wut up my heezy peezys. I be livin da life ofh da gran booba ya know wut am sayin sayin mmmhmmmm.

No wait Dillon got his mission call?? To where? I don`t remember this. Where is this football team coming from? Who have they played?? WHY AM I SO TERRIBLE!!! haha jooke I am alive and well and in Ecuador, home of bananas, mountains, and Panama hats. Yeah PANAMA hats Channing. Have one. So chya I am here in Ecuador. It seems like I keep trading one valley for another. The San Luis Valley, The Salt Lake Valley, and the Guaranda Valley. I am in Guaranda!! It`s a pretty chill place, but still bigger than I`m used to but small enough for me not to get mugged and stripped like other missionaries in Esmarelda. Whew so glad I`m not there. A North American's nightmare.

But chya I`m in the zone, or is it area, Riobamba. Aka Friobamba. Cuz I`m up here in the mountains preaching the good word to some families. My compañero is Elder Andrade de Guaigusomethinicantspell. You know. The temple place. So yeah it`s me and him, our district has 4 people in it, two other North Americans. So they speak English. But other than that I`m out all alone. But it`s good! I thought my spanish was pretty good in the CCM but once I got out here I....well I got my booty handed to me and my dignity stolen before I could say Como está.

Geeeeeehheheeeee. So I pretty much feel like a piece of mole that isn´t all the way ripped off or dead. Ya, know. That piece of dead thing hanging off someone's neck but you´re too polite to say anything. That. But hey no se preocupe!! Time right? buh. buhuuhuh. BAH! Yep, so they have a goal here to extend the baptismal commitment en every lesson!! Like oh hello what a lovely house, BE BAPTIZED!!! And then we move on. It was a bit uncomfortable at first but now I´m just goin with it. And one lovely thing I have learned in this time is that I don´t need all the words in Spanish to get my point across. A little bit of spanish with a great helping of El Espiritu and you get a whole heaping plate of POWER!!

Like liver with rice. The liver doesn´t taste or look the best but you have enough rice to drown it out. Like that. Tiene sentido? But still I am pretty mediocre to my compañero and the zone leader. Those guys are awesome. But I´m like the supporting actor. I try to be even that. Not the tree in the background.

Ah sweet missionary work. But yeah I don´t know what picture I`m sending. IT`s one of them. Can`t tell. Good luck. But ookay I need to write the president so I`ll make it snappy

We have two investigating families right now that I hope turn out really good. One family I fear didn´t have the best experience at the baptism on Saturday. So we´re working hard on them. They said we couldn´t meet till Saturday but we´re gonna go visit tonight anyway. Other familia is good. I hope. They have a book of mormon and took the compromisos good. Then we have other people but I don´t know much about them.

Ahlright. But the people here are great and I love em. They pretty good. So yeah! I´m good, you´re doin good, and Cambria, I don´t know why I have a picture of Animal Crossing on my card. Rock on. Love ya all, and I need to find some bananas!! YIPEE KI YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment