Monday, April 8, 2013

They Can Take The Boy Out of the Jungle... but not for long!!‏


Hello my mother!

And again, Happy Birthday to Dad.

Well General Conference was a blast wasn´t it?  Good talks!  I have to go back over my notes.  haha I was just telling my companion how Grandma Jackson always called President Uchtdorf her boyfriend.  But a lot of the talks focused on standing strong, staying faithful through trails, and having hope.

Well I tried getting my ID and password all set up.  Talking in the zone leader conference everyone told me how they were already signing up for classes so it was madness!  I thought, "I better get on that or I´ll be selling bananas on the BBQ by the Wal Mart parking lot..."  so I tried. And it works.  Now what?  Hey.,... If I´m going into this whole medical gig maybe University of Utah would be good??  We could try at least..

So it´s weird to me that I have a blog.... and people read it.  What the heck does the thing even say?!  What´s goin on here?  How much of my dirty underpants am I showing to the world?  It´s like I´m walking around with a "kick me" note and I don´t know it.  But not in such a bad way.

Um so I got changes!  I´m going back to my dear jungle home of the Oriente!!  To a city called Tena.  My companion and I will be the only ones there, our zone leaders will live in Ambato, 5 hours away, but our district leader will live 2 hours away at least.  I´ll be opening up the sector because the other missionaries were taken out.  And I´ll be training!  Wooo!!  And I´ll be the first counciler in the branch presidency.  That´s intense.  My companion´s going to be the secretary.  haha it´s gonna be great!  It´ll help me learn more about leadership and how to help in a ward and branch.  ANY ADVICE?!?!  But I´m a missionary first and foremost and doesn´t make me exempt of the missionary rules.  Um, I´m excited.  I prayed this past week for the Lord to give me mountains to climb, if he wanted me to train I´d do it, if not I´ll do my best where He wants me to be, but just please help me learn and become the person He wants me to be.  So I got this change.  So it´ll help me grow and I´ll be able to help the branch grow and find people to teach and to baptize.  I have faith.  I´ll work like a mad man!!  No time to slack baby!

But I´m sending pictures of Cotopaxi, of our zone service in a nursing home, and the fanesca, the typical food of Easter that has 12 grains, eggs, and fish.  Wheeeewweeee it´s a heavy plate! 

But I hope you have a great week, hope you have good experiences, and I just want you to pray for me!!  I need all the help I can get :)

Thanks for everything mom, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment