Sunday, October 7, 2012

And I´m Feelin Good

HEY MOM!!  I love you and everything you do for me! 

So because of this week I now have more faith that God has a purpose for me here in Quito and that He can guide me to fulfill those purposes.  A week of miracles!!

Um so I´m here in the Luz as I said.  Big zone.  Big ward.  Oh wow it´s like a real functional ward!!  Amazing.  And I was pretty bummed to leave my beloved Coca, tears were shed, and I was even more bummed having to come to Quito.  But Heavenly Father is merciful.

So here in the Luz we´re a hotel for other missionaries.  The missionaries come here to die, they come here to give birth (when they´re going to train new missionaries), and they come here when there´s a meeting in Quito.  We have more than 8 beds, we have 2 bathrooms, and a big ol white board.  We have chandeliers.  Ritzy ritzy.  The only bummer is that I have to clean the house.  Daft.  And then clean up after the missionaries.  But oh well.  And right now they´re two sick missionaries living with us.  Elder Putnam, from my group, and Elder Almachi. One has a damaged spine and the other is a mystery still and we´ve been going to the hospital to find out.  We've gone like 5 times this week to take tests, talk with the doctor, and pay for the whole thing.  But they´re great guys.  We´ve almost had no time to work in our sector this week because of the sickness and visits and what not but in spite of all that, we found 2 families and have helped 2 inactive families reinvigorize their testimony.  We have 3 people with baptismal date with 2 days of pure working.  And this is in a sector that hasn't baptized for 6 months!!  It was a miracle.  The Lord has blessed us with so much and I´m feeling awesome.  I don´t have time to tell you the stories right now but just to let ya now that I feel really hopeful for this next change.

Thanks mom for the shirts and socks.  I really need them!!!   Um I´ll see if I can do something about the shoes.  I love the fall pictures.  I guess cold weather does have it´s beauty.  Is there anything else I was supposed to do?  Hope you enjoyed your birthday!  Well thanks I love ya I gotta go chaooo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment