Monday, March 5, 2012

It's A Boy!‏

Hey how's it goin?  So the church's statement on race was cool to see.  Interesting that everybody it talking about it in the states.  Don't know if people know about it that much down here.  Polygamy either.  Even though we keep getting these stinkin letters from Warren Jeffs in English that the members don't understand.  It's not revelation Jeffy!  It's the pill they're slipping in to your bread and cheese while ya sit in prison.  Lunatic.

Um, okay where be at today.  Well that's cool that you get to read the Book of Mormon in a 100 days.  I'm finishing up the war chapters in Alma and the first part of Helaman.  So I'm feeling particularly freedom and death oriented.  Hmmm..  but I learned that if we don't fight amongst ourselves and instead focus on the enemy, they can't beat us.  So that's why arguments can cause divisions amongst ourselves and we can forget the simple beautiful parts of the gospel.  When I looked into the life of Jospeh Smith and his top hat and other strange details I started losing my faith in prophets, but when I look at the bigger picture and pray I think, "ooooh yeah. Aight we're good here."  So just keep on studying that Book of Mormon and living the abundant (that doesn't look right...) life!

Ay cha chay Channing su historia me dio miedo por un ratito.  Pensaba que está ensenando mujeres poseídas o algo como así.  Pero que pasa con estas iguanas?  Todos caen todo lugar o que?  Pero buenísimo que está teniendo éxito y bautismos y que siente esta felicidad en trabajando.  Me toca a mi a trabajar mas duro para que pueda tener mas éxito también.  Es poco dificil pero no imposible!  Pero me alegro bastante que su misión esta cambiándole.  Siga adelante!  

So here in the Villa Flora I finally got my new companion.  Elder Recalde de Paraguay!  Has a week in the mission now.  He's cool, he's humble and wants to teach good and just be a missionary.  He made some sugar and egg foam thing that was super sweet to eat.  So I put corn flakes in it.  He looked at me liked I ruined it.  But it was good!  IT's crazy trying to train a guy.  You realize how much better you have to be as a missionary in order to be a better example.  This guy is looking at me expecting to follow my example.  Yikes.  So this week I'm gonna do better at being a little more obedient I guess.  But I like involving him in everything and stuff.  He's gonna be awesome here in a couple of weeks!

So we had two baptisms this last Saturday.  Familia Serango is the name!  Gabriel is 10 years old and his hero is Captain Moroni.  Elder Redd had these little cards of Book of Mormon heroes and these little cards of pictures of Christ too.  People loved them.  And Gabriel had one of Moroni and that's what really started his interest in the church.  He was the motivator for his mom to get baptized as well.  So I did the two baptisms and then Sunday bishop had me do the confirmations as well.  Never did that before.  RECIBA EL ESPIRITU SANTO!!  I felt like something should have happened. Waited a moment.  Hmmm.... no lightning, no hair standing up, no pillar of light, no dove.... did I do this right?  Yeah guess so!  And then just giving a blessing.  Was kinda rough cuz I was nervous and what not but a cool experience all the same. Now we just need to talk with the dad to get things really going.

The mission this month has something called the Milagro de Marzo, where the goal is that every companionship in the mission can get at least 2 baptisms.  Most of my zone already has that except for two sectors.  So we're trying to help them find people.  Elder Recalde and I have a goal of 8 this month so we're going for it.  The ward is really starting to help with Familia Tomalo with having enough food until they can provide for themselves after the surgery of the father and Maria starts working.  So that's been great.  It's just that I'm still standing in the shadow of Elder Redd in the ward.  They just talk about him to me and just kind of look at me waiting for something.  But it's aight!  Can't get out of the shadow if you're just looking at it!

 Thanks for the address, thanks for writing me, and tell Chase and Kylie and Shantel thanks for the Christmas package.  Finally got it!  Jerky baby.....

Aight love you all, thanks for everything, and I'll be right here next week on KZBR 97.1 Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment