Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I´m Living Like A Monk But Be Looking Like a Hunk

Mba'e la porte?!  That, my dear family, is Guarani, one of the two languages spoken in Paraguay.  So to answer your question, mom, yes he does speak Spanish (with a different accent) but he also speaks some completely different langauge.  But it's awesome.  

So Spring Break??  Wow.  Track.  Ahhh.  Wind. Bleeh.  Cow poop.  Whatever works.  Payton Manning with the Broncos.  NEVERRR!!!!  WE DON'T WANT HIM NOR DO WE NEED HIM!!  Hissss.  Yeesh never knew that Family History is so messed up.  Anne Frank was baptized 9 times??  I'm sure she's in heaven just saying Stop it already!!  That's no good.  But rock on for Romney, if he keeps being faithful I give him props.  It'd be hard to have almost the whole country ragging on you and your religion while you're trying to be the president of the free world.  I'd probably have an ulcer or a migraine.  Turn into a raging alcoholic and rant at the Purple Pig about my days as a presidential candidate and how Evangelists don't know squat.  But I'm in Ecuador so I guess that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Mitchell Peterson.... sounds familiar.  I think he's a pretty cool guy.  I try to think of Sanford and all I get is this green blur and an image of hair curling around the edges of a baseball cap.  But rock on for Chile!

Well this week was aight.  A lot of fallen appointments and contacting people who call our religion the religion of liars.  Piece of crap.  But it's okay!  This week the members didn't help us out too much so I was having this feeling that they all hate us and what the heck am I gonna do if I don't have the support of the ward ahhh man, but then I went to church.  Just set up some times when the members can come with us and talked with the bishop.  Ah yeah I feel better now.  But they gotta have some actions or I'm gonna release a demon in their church!  

Um we had 8 people attend church this last week so that was cool.  The reincarnation guy even came!  Yeah man!  He's gonna get baptized some day. Another one was the guy who isn't married so can't get baptized but has attended church since the first week I got here.  Gotta get that man married to that wife of his or I don't know what we're gonna do.  Then the rest were from Familia Tomalo.  The mother is going to get baptized this Saturday, the daughter, the sister and her husband and her kid the 24th.  It was interesting because when we first started teaching this family, the sister just didn't want to listen to us.  Said she doesn't like it.  But now she wants to get baptized and even promised to give her sister 20 bucks if she drinks.  Cha ching!  So we're working with them.

Last night, our appointment fell, so we went to this contact.  She let us in and there were like 6 people all in there.  That was a shock.  I panicked!  "Hello I'm Elder Jackson and we're going to say where we're from and what's our favorite fruit...."  So everyone said their name, where they were from (Quito ) and what their favorite fruit was.  They looked confused.  So did I.  Heh.  But then we started with a prayer and talked about God, prayer, and Eternal Families. She asks us what we want of her.  To make promises with God through baptism to be able to have an eternal family.  She's Catholic and believes that we should stick with how she is.  I ask her if she'll pray to know if we've said the truth.  She doesn't know.  What'll you lose if you do pray?  Nothing.  Well pray then!!  I dunno if the Catholic God is your God.  He is.  Oh yeah he should be.  THEN PRAY!!  Yeah aight, but come next Sunday.  Okay.  Trot trot down the 4 flights of stairs and Oh hello!!  Hello.  We're representatives of Jesus Christ and we want to show you how the Gospel can bless your life.  Come on over Wednesday.  You betcha.  Okay!  I like your Batman mask.  Thanks.  Welp see ya later!

And thus go our nights.  We're actually working the most in the part where everyone says live the robbers and the murderers and what not.  But they are humble!  And they listen to us!  And didn't the Lamanites teach the most wicked parts of the Gadianton robbers??  Yeah boy!!  We're gonna change that place block by block until it's Eden.  It's amazing.  We have like 12 investigators all within a couple of streets of each other.  Now if only they'd come to church and we'd have the members help....

Elder Recalde and I are getting used to each other now and learning how to be missionaries together.  Actually starting to joke and what not.  The first week is always interesting with new companions.  It kind of sets off how everything will go for the rest of the change.  I'm excited.  We just need to be more punctual and find more new people.  We're always running late!! 

I miss hurdles but if I tried to run any right now I'd die.  Elder Recalde tells me I've gotten fat.  He saw a picture of me on my passport.  I don't think I've gotten that fat, but just to be safe we've been running every other day.  Jogging at 9,000 feet does the body good!!

Well that's about it I guess.  Nothing amazing but we've been doing good. Have the faith that we'll improve and we can start doin work here in the Villaflora.  Hope everything is going great with you guys and rock on for reading the Book of Mormon!  It'll change your lives!  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment